Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:46 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,844,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Best post so far.

Second best.
Worst post so far.^^

Dale Sr. would not back down from a fight or run his mouth like Kyle does. He wouldn't let a punk like Harvick push him around either. I don't think other drivers are intimidated by him as they were by Dale Sr.

Now comparing him to DW is more realistic. DW won 84 cup races and 3 Championships. Those numbers are more achievable by Kyle. Plus DW was a hothead like Kyle. Dale Sr. didn't need to be.

Kyle will never be compared to Dale Sr by anyone who really understands NASCAR, until he starts to mature or starts winning championships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 AM

180 posts, read 352,840 times
Everybody needs to get over it. Kyle brings excitement to Nascar.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,884,447 times
^^True. I'd say half the viewers watch the race to see what his latest controversy will be while the other half watch to see him come through the field and make his way to the front.

That's among those who really understand NASCAR.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^True. I'd say half the viewers watch the race to see what his latest controversy will be while the other half watch to see him come through the field and make his way to the front.

That's among those who really understand NASCAR.
Could you please tell me who really understands NASCAR. I went to my first NASCAR race in 1956 at the dirt track at Longhorn PA. I have been following and reading everything NASCAR since then.

I have watched in person every NASCAR driver since 56 and I have no idea who was the best driver ever.
Lots of opinions on who was/is best but they are only opinions.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
You are 100% correct PDD--opinions! As long as you have been following NASCAR you should be in the hall of fame girl! That is just amazing! My hats off to you for being such a loyal fan!

Best driver ever--my opinion--pound for pound Cale Yarborough!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,884,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Could you please tell me who really understands NASCAR. I went to my first NASCAR race in 1956 at the dirt track at Longhorn PA. I have been following and reading everything NASCAR since then.

I have watched in person every NASCAR driver since 56 and I have no idea who was the best driver ever.
You have seen every driver in person since 1956? That's impressive.

And you're right about the opinion thing but isn't that what this entire forum is based upon?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are 100% correct PDD--opinions! As long as you have been following NASCAR you should be in the hall of fame girl! That is just amazing! My hats off to you for being such a loyal fan!

Best driver ever--my opinion--pound for pound Cale Yarborough!
Let me clear one thing, my wife started posting here a few years back and I took over after she got bored.

Second, IMO David Pearson best driver I have witnessed.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
Laughing--you mean the "Silver-Fox"? He is my second pick! But remember I did say "pound for pound". Cale was a fiesty little fellow!

Gottcha about posting on here where the wife started! No matter--you should still be in the hall of fame!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

As a driver, Kyle is exciting. He had a good finish yesterday after starting at the rear. I expected him to be a good boy yesterday and for the next couple of weeks, but I'm sure he will get the rivalry renewed with Harvick or someone else next month. I agree that NASCAR needs drivers like Kyle. Did you see all the empty seats at Dover.

As a person who truly understands NASCAR, I'm sure even you would not compare Kyle to Dale Sr. While Kyle has a boat load of talent, that's where any comparisons would end.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
As a driver, Kyle is exciting. He had a good finish yesterday after starting at the rear. I expected him to be a good boy yesterday and for the next couple of weeks, but I'm sure he will get the rivalry renewed with Harvick or someone else next month. I agree that NASCAR needs drivers like Kyle. Did you see all the empty seats at Dover.

As a person who truly understands NASCAR, I'm sure even you would not compare Kyle to Dale Sr. While Kyle has a boat load of talent, that's where any comparisons would end.
Here is my take on Earnhardt Sr. IMO he was the first driver in his era to run all out all day and if the car stayed together he won. Before that it was run hard for 50 laps, cruise for the middle laps and then run hard to the end. Earnhardt forced the competition to run hard to keep up with him and for that I admired Earnhardt. What I did not like was Earnhardt bumping people out of the way "Saturday night short track style" It was great for Earnhardt fans and NASCAR let him get away with it because it put fans in the seats.

I see in Kyle Bush the same type of driver, run up front all day and force the other guys to try and keep up. If somebody gets in your way bump them out of the way.
I don't see how that is any different than Earnhardt other than Earnhardt did it first and for a longer period of time.

Kyle Bush drives just like Jr. fans wished he drove.

Another thing just as many fans dislike Bush as fans disliked Earnhardt Sr.

That is why I say they are similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing