Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:14 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times

Advertisements

I drive a 1999 4x4 Jeep Cherokee XJ(smaller cherokee). I had many other cars in the past, always wanted a Cherokee, and finally got one, my second favorite was my 2000 Tacoma 4x4.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,598 times
2006 Orange Lotus Elise with some basic bolt-ons.

I wanted a pure, lightweight sportscar with outrageous, unique styling and quick enough to do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. Most of the sports cars I've had in the past (Porsche, z06, etc) were fun at first but got boring within a year. I've had the Lotus for over a year and it's still as fun as the day I bought it.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,598 times
I used to drive a C5 Corvette, but never got a great feeling about driving it after the GM bailout. Ford acts responsible and honors there debts. GM takes the route of what? Screwing over their bondholders, shareholders and creditors and taking $50 billion of taxpayer dollars and still building inferior products. Decided to sell it shortly after that.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:44 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
I used to drive a C5 Corvette, but never got a great feeling about driving it after the GM bailout. Ford acts responsible and honors there debts. GM takes the route of what? Screwing over their bondholders, shareholders and creditors and taking $50 billion of taxpayer dollars and still building inferior products. Decided to sell it shortly after that.
You are a good man.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
Currently a 2005.5 (MK5) VW Jetta, and a 2007 VW Rabbit. Great A-B cars and the Jetta being the from the first run of that generation has some of the luxury items the newer models don't have.

I've been into watercooled VW's about the last 10 years. My 2 favorite cars I've owned were a 1996 VW GTi, and a 1992 VW Corrado SLC. Never should have sold them.

Oddly enough, my next vehicle will probably be a truck or SUV of some sort.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
I drive a 2003 BMW Z4 convertible. Why? Because it was very nice looking, it was a convertible, it was very good handling, and the price was right. And a good friend of mine egged me on.

Despite the $$$ maintaining it, I never had regrets about getting it.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,894,623 times

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD.

Bought it because it's a Dodge (I buy American only (Big 3)...yeah I know it's manufactured in Canada..). It tows almost 4k lbs, which I use several times a year. The 340HP/390lb-ft with AWD is excellent in the mountains and going skiing every weekend in the winter. Gets 23mpg when I'm not laying into the throttle on the highway, 18mpg with mixed driving. It's a rare vehicle (HEMI+AWD), which makes it fun. Also a great vehicle to tow around the little kiddo

Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,264 times
Quote:
I know exactly how you feel I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS, and while I really like the car itself, I can't condone the decisions of its manufacturer. And it's just not a financially wise move for me to sell it right now, either.

That said, I bought it because it was the nicest car I could find for the price. I bought it when it was 3 years old, so I let the first owner take a pretty big depreciation hit. At the time, it was a better deal than a comparable BMW, Benz, or Lexus. I like the car well enough, but my warranty period just passed with 2 years left on the car note, so I'm keeping fingers crossed til then (had quite a bit of warranty work done already, and just got up to date on scheduled maintenance)

Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Quote:
To each his own, but I don't forsee myself selling either one of my classic GM vehicles just because GM decided to do the unthinkable many years later. However I also have no plans on buying a new GM vehicle anytime soon.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I know exactly how you feel I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS, and while I really like the car itself, I can't condone the decisions of its manufacturer. And it's just not a financially wise move for me to sell it right now, either.
And, selling your used vehicle, that GM already got paid for, isn't going to send anyone any messages. It's not going to affect GM's bottom line, nor are any of their decision makers going to say, "OMG, someone, somewhere sold one of our older models that they bought used. We better change what we're doing."

Selling an old used GM car to send a mesage of your displeasure is like not buying a VW because it was originally brought to life by Hitler. It's a meaningless, empty gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive