Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,003,381 times

Advertisements

2007 Charger SXT, because I want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,746,461 times
1989 Honda Civic Wagovan. Originally bought it because it was $1000 and pretty sound mechanically, but it's turned out to be one of my favorite vehicles that I've owned over the years. It handles reasonably well, runs very nicely, and can hold more stuff than just about anything else that small. Plus it usually gets 30-36mpg in town. It's ugly and still far from mechanically perfect, but it's been worth the money.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
I have a 2005 Mustang with the base 4.0 V6. I bought it new, it's now paid off, has adequate power (I don't drive fast anymore) and I like the styling. I've had it over 5 years now, and plan on driving it for another 5+. That's the only way you get your $$$ worth out of a car purchased new.

My family car is a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited. This one is primarily for my wife to use, and I love the fact that she and the kids have a large, heavy tank in which they will be safe in the event of an accident. Plus my job keeps me on the move, and it's tedious to have to drive two cars all around. Now I can tow the Mustang.

And I plan on keeping the Toyota for 10-12 years. At least.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,988 times
114 HP Volvo 245. I've had a few of these. They seem to fit my lifestyle. Old fashioned and easy going. There's some very serious room in the back too. I've had washing machines and recliners fit with room to spare. Built like a tank. Comfortable seating. Low tech. 28 mpg. Pulls my little ol boat. 233k on the present one. Cruises quite well on the interstates and I really mean that. It's hard not to appreciate these old gals.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:05 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,314,137 times
A 1979 Ford f250 and a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis. As for why because of their great styling and very solid build quality also easy to maintain and cheap to buy, plus I know how everything works on them.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,932 times
1974 LTD--best car ever made, I get 13.8 at 55 mph and 12.8 at 75 mph, 12.0 at 85 mph+ even up to triple digits. I drove this car down from Canada so I know what the gas mileage is, and it's pretty amazing--not great, but the faster you drive the less it uses.

The springs and suspension are huge--I have owned Cadillacs, etc, and this car is the best.

And the front seat is like a couch--once you have experienced the armrest on an LTD, nothing else will satisfy.

4.67 pounds of R12--if you live in Phoenix, you will still turn this A/C system down in July. Of course, if you have a leak, you'll be driving through traffic throwing ice cubes on your passengers. Don't drive one of these cars on a Hyundai budget.

And it's pretty damn cool--you won't see this car anywhere else.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
540i BMW
conspicuous consumption.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...Thanks! But come on! You have some seriously nice cars too!

My daily driver at the moment is 2011 BMW Z4sDrive 35is.....BUT...that will change soon! My car is being/was loaded TODAY on a ship headed to the USA from Germany (so I'm told)...2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder.

Hey, that may be my next car next year...or a 4S...or...I don't know...wanted a Viper, but they've stopped production...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
My daily driver is now my 2006 BMW 325i. Bought new and going to the teenager in a year. It is fun to drive and I like it a lot. I switched on and off for about 3 years between driving this and the Suburban. When I did not need a big car I drove this one. And I am not kidding, for the first 2 years if it was raining or there was a chance of rain this car did not come out of the garage.

2002 Suburban Z71. Drove it daily for 3 years before getting the BMW. After 3 years of going between the two my husband has now taken this one over as his daily driver for work and parked his truck, a 1998 Chevy Z71 extended cab. We use the Suburban for trips to the lake pulling the Seadoo's, road trips, parking it at the airport, etc. He uses it for sales calls now and taking clients to lunch.

My next daily driver after I hand over the keys to the BMW will be the 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. This is my husbands weekend car now and the "family car" as he doesn't like to drive the BMW. I like driving it as it is a fun car to drive and still has the room of an SUV.

My "perfect weather" day car is my 68 Camaro Convertible. I only drive it if we are taking it to a car show or I need to get her out and drive her and then it will be just to pick up the kids at school, drive thru Sonic and back home. Only on pretty days does she come out to play.

ShelbyGirl, are you going to part w/ that current daily driver? I keep saying that I am going to part w/ my current BMW that I want a fun car next as I will only have one child to take to/from school. I'd love to have something like that to tool around in. I'm still thinking I want the 2 cars to go between to keep the miles low on both the Cayenne and whatever else it might end up being.

LOL...It just came in a few weeks ago...1 of the first to hit the Gulf Coast! There was only 1 other one in San Diego as of a few weeks ago, but that may have changed by now. Have no idea what DH will decide to do with it...I'm guessing on keeping it..since we have the room at the moment in the garage, and he hates have to drive to the wharehouse to get one of his cars. But....that could all change at the drop of a dime! Once my Spyder gets here....I could care less what he does! THAT will be my daily driver. Will let you know if and when he decides to let the Z go.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 AM

31 posts, read 114,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
[/b]
Once my Spyder gets here...
And what color your Audi is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive