Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 12:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Probably more amusing than irritating but the people who pay no attention to traffic patterns and you see them changing lanes multiple times and getting no where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 02:22 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
People who run around worrying about other people's driving habits instead of their own. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard people complaining about other people's driving and then later I see them tailgating. tailgaters are in the top 2 for worst drivers.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:47 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Tailgating!

Of all the things that show that a person is poorly skilled driver, I would say tailgating is at the top. I try not to let it tick me off...sometimes it does.

When you tailgate, your ability to see oncoming traffic is reduced, it is harder for approaching traffic to see you, you have very little buffer in case of an unexpected event, you put the person who you are tailgating at increased risk of injury if they have to stop quickly, tailgating does not get you anywhere faster.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:09 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Hypocrites... People who complain about slow left lane drivers but then start texting and slow down 15mph blocking traffic behind them in the left lane... Forget all the other stuff posted here... Just hypocrites. Do as I say not as I do.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:37 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,557,786 times
If I’m riding in a car, #1 irritation is the “stabber”. Stab the gas, stab the breaks. Drives me nuts! But not just stop/go, but just go in general. Trying to maintain speed by racing up to speed, then coast, the race back up to speed, coast,stab,coast,stab. I can’t stand it!

Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Tailgating!

Of all the things that show that a person is poorly skilled driver, I would say tailgating is at the top. I try not to let it tick me off...sometimes it does.

When you tailgate, your ability to see oncoming traffic is reduced, it is harder for approaching traffic to see you, you have very little buffer in case of an unexpected event, you put the person who you are tailgating at increased risk of injury if they have to stop quickly, tailgating does not get you anywhere faster.
I 'quasi-tailgate' to keep idiots in adjacent lanes from trying to come over and try to squeeze 5lbs of 5hit in a 4lb bag! Not to intimidate the driver in front of me, but to keep morons off my nose!

Old 11-11-2017, 09:57 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,821 times
i took an airport shuttle in laguardia airport over the weekend. The driver had his seat reclined waaay back and he had to crane his neck forward as well as sit up a little just to be able to reach the steering wheel to make a turn.

He probably didn't realize that he was making his job alot harder and more tiring by using the poor driving position but it annoyed me to see him driving like that. I'm not sure who he was trying to look cool for.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:23 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
People who turn off into a parking lot and then immediately STOP, blocking any traffic behind them from also turning in.
People do this ALL THE TIME, while deciding if they should go right or left to park...REALLY!

I also hate when people back out of a parking space and then stop (blocking other parked cars in) while they put their seatbelt on. NEWSFLASH- If you pull this move behind an older SUV that isn't equipped with a backup camera THAT DRIVER CAN'T SEE the fool who just stopped horizontally behind them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive