Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:01 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,631,104 times

Advertisements

1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Chicago.

2. One hand on wheel, one finger out window: New York.

3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: New Jersey.

4. One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston.

5. One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, with gun in lap: Los Angeles.

6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California.

7. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy.

8. One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game: Seattle.

9. One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window: Texas.

10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia.

11. Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 AM

243 posts, read 704,344 times
6. cud also be and scandinavian on roadtrip in california.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,095,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Chicago.
Heh, when I moved away for a bit I got the 'you just can't go around honking at everybody' lecture from a new friend who drove with me somewhere. I quickly discovered that unlike home, in other places it actually makes people angry if you honk at them.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM

512 posts, read 1,565,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Heh, when I moved away for a bit I got the 'you just can't go around honking at everybody' lecture from a new friend who drove with me somewhere. I quickly discovered that unlike home, in other places it actually makes people angry if you honk at them.
You rarely ever hear a horn in Southeastern Virginia. I don't know if we're too polite or what.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM

404 posts, read 712,332 times
Very funny.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:29 AM

Should have been an edit, but that function seems to be missing.

Here's a few I came up with....

One hand on wheel, driving 130 mph four feet from your bumper, while flashing headlights to tell you to get the hell out of the way: Colorado

One hand on wheel, one hand holding gun near crotch, crack rocks on front seat with loud hip-hop music blasting through tinted windows: Michigan

Driving large pick up with confederate flag logo on hood, beer cans in bed of truck listening to loud new age country music: Georgia

Driving pick up truck with cousin in passenger seat, pulling horse trailer: Kentucky

Car or truck with bad suspension, Knee on wheel, 40 ounce Colt 45 in one hand, clutching an 8 track tape with the other, Arbys bags on floor: Indiana

Driving on sidewalk, clutching mixed drink in one hand, pager in other with head out side window yelling to people to get out out of the way: Nevada

Driving car with heater on in dead of summer, fishing poles tied down on the roof rack: Minnesota

Last edited by thepizzaguy; 08-07-2007 at 12:38 AM..

Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,571,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaguy
Driving on sidewalk, clutching mixed drink in one hand, pager in other with head out side window yelling to people to get out out of the way: Nevada
Thought maybe that was Massachusetts.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,496,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post
One hand on wheel, driving 130 mph four feet from your bumper, while flashing headlights to tell you to get the hell out of the way: Colorado
Haha...I'll add the complement:

Both hands in a death-grip on the steering wheel, driving 20mph below the speed limit in the left lane: flat-land visitor in Colorado.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM

I know I drive 20 when I'm coming down the mountain in a rain storm.

Driving a late model rusted out and weathered sedan, sporting a paranoid look with a meth lab in the trunk: Oregon

Other note: Is it me, or am I slowing become the official thread ender in a few of these forums?

Have a great day!

William

Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 AM

Old pick up truck with the wooden frame and bungee cords fully loaded as a junk hauler that leans off to one side as if it were safe, driver drinking a beer in one hand with hazard lights flashing: Oklahoma

Nothing personal, I live for find stuff like this to write about....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive