Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 42,702 times

Advertisements

i think it only looks like you live in the country if you lift it and put on huge tires. other than that, i like a nice, clean factory truck in the city or country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM

4 posts, read 11,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron17571 View Post
...mabe a small wanger !i have a smaller wanger so i see vehicles all day long...

I own a 1990 BMW V12 5.0L and a 93 Bronco 5.8L with oversized tires and a lift and loads of performance mods, also used for playing in the mud and fourwheelin your ass into the ground. Fuel milage on the Bimmer averages 18mpg, 15mpg on the Bronco...

Oh, and I'm also the one ripping by you in a Greyhound bus so I guess I have an even smaller wanger than you do!

Last edited by bronconator; 07-06-2009 at 08:03 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,792,237 times
No a pick up does not mean you live out in the country.

It just means you drive a utilitarian work vehicle...or at least "what is supposed to be" one.

You do see a lot of pick ups in the country, probably because they're one of a farmer's many best friends.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,325,673 times
Heck no! Could very well mean you are re-doing a house and need one for that, or whatever.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,117,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Heck no! Could very well mean you are re-doing a house and need one for that, or whatever.
Sure it "could" but the sad truth is that in far too many cases people just have a truck to have a truck. People like to talk all they want about personal choice but if I decided to drive a cement mixer to the office, grocery shopping or to the mall then people would think I'm a compete idiot (and they would be right).

Old 07-07-2009, 02:14 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,343,933 times

my "winter beater" in the snow it's a 91 F-250 with a 6" lift and 35" tires and my 05 GTO gets worse MPG than the truck because I drive the car alot harder

Last edited by GTOlover; 07-07-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,990,079 times
I have a Dodge CTD Ram 3500 dually. It has hitches for almost any kind of trailer.
I also have horses, so I haul hay.
I would like to see one of your little foreign thingys with the loud fart-can muffler hook up to my 18 ft flatbed trailer, and go out into the field and bring home 60 bales of hay. That would be fun to watch!
For over two years, that truck was our daily driver, as we lived full time in a 32 foot fifth wheel. We HAD to have a truck like that to tow the 5er!
There are LOTS of perfectly valid reasons to own a pickup. "Because I want one" is oneof those perfectly valid reasons.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have a Dodge CTD Ram 3500 dually. It has hitches for almost any kind of trailer.
I also have horses, so I haul hay.
I would like to see one of your little foreign thingys with the loud fart-can muffler hook up to my 18 ft flatbed trailer, and go out into the field and bring home 60 bales of hay. That would be fun to watch!
For over two years, that truck was our daily driver, as we lived full time in a 32 foot fifth wheel. We HAD to have a truck like that to tow the 5er!
There are LOTS of perfectly valid reasons to own a pickup. "Because I want one" is oneof those perfectly valid reasons.
Why does a vehicle other than a truck have to be foreign? American manufacturers make plenty of cars, small and large. Your truck use makes sense, there is no way I'm scuffing my leather interior with bales of hay. The primary target here are people who use a truck for a purpose that is actually better served with a normal passenger car (particularly from a mileage, handling, safety and efficient use of space perspective).

Old 07-07-2009, 04:14 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,990,079 times
Didn't I say "foreign thingy with the loud fart-can muffler"? I see VERY FEW American-made vehicle with those silly things on them. Actually, I COULD have been even more specific and said HONDA cars, since nearly ALL of the ones I see around here are Hondas!
Which brings up another point; Why is it that so many Honda drivers drive like idiots? I rarely see pickup drivers running through traffic revving their engines just to make more noise (oh, yes, there ARE a couple around here that like to make noise and smoke, but only a couple!). It seems like many Honda drivers think it is cute, or impressive, or something...

Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Didn't I say "foreign thingy with the loud fart-can muffler"? I see VERY FEW American-made vehicle with those silly things on them. Actually, I COULD have been even more specific and said HONDA cars, since nearly ALL of the ones I see around here are Hondas!
Which brings up another point; Why is it that so many Honda drivers drive like idiots? I rarely see pickup drivers running through traffic revving their engines just to make more noise (oh, yes, there ARE a couple around here that like to make noise and smoke, but only a couple!). It seems like many Honda drivers think it is cute, or impressive, or something...
I think they got it from all those idiots riding loud ass Harleys.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive