Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ford vs Chevy
Ford 55 48.67%
Chevy 58 51.33%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Chevy from a car modifiers perspective - cheaper parts, more aftermarket parts, more interchangability, thus all easier and cheaper to make them faster. There is just so much you can do with a carburated chevy small block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Default Fords for years

We have a 1991 Ford f-150 245K miles on it and still going strong
2002 Ford Escape 81K...Great little SUV, would buy another in a heartbeat(oops sorry that's chevy)
We also have a 1966 ford pickup with the original big block engine in it.
We don't run it much but it's a blast to drive.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,842 times
I can't decide. They are both coming up on the qualtiy of their vehicles.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:52 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
We have a 1991 Ford f-150 245K miles on it and still going strong
2002 Ford Escape 81K...Great little SUV, would buy another in a heartbeat(oops sorry that's chevy)
We also have a 1966 ford pickup with the original big block engine in it.
We don't run it much but it's a blast to drive.
Shhhhhhhhhhh, Don't say you have an American built car with over 200K that the wheels haven't fallen off of. There are nay sayers here!
By the way I've been buying Fords since 1985 (it's nice to know someone that owns a dealership) and out of all those cars I had a compressor issue with a 1988 a computer upgrade on a 2000 (software) and a coil pack failure on a 2002. Other than routine maintenance those cars don't owe me a dime!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 AM

281 posts, read 1,379,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
... If they ever did get into WRC it would probably be via the Opel brand since that's GM's leading brand in Europe. Chevy is almost unknown over there; I think the only GM car sold in Europe as a Chevy is the Corvette.
I have to correct that. Chevy was unknown a couple of years ago. But GM took a decision that was worse than being unknown: They re-badged the cars from Korean Daewoo brand (small, cheap looking dogs) and sell them now as Chevys all over Europe. Imagine the effect on the brand.

The Corvette brand is strong, as in Europe they are sold as Corvettes (not as Chevys) in separate dealerships.

To answer the OP's question. I'd still go with Chevy (but talking about the REAL Chevy brand... the very good current Tahoe and a Vette C6 Z06 would make a perfect couple in my garage)

Old 01-06-2008, 06:46 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Depends on what year you're speaking of.

I personally like Chevy, I like the styling of their older cars, I like how pretty much all the small block V8's use interchangable parts.

Fords are ok. I like their trucks and a few of their older cars, but for some reason it always seemed like Ford was more geared for luxury in their cars.

Of course I have to hand it to Ford, they came out with a sturdy 9 inch rear.

But when talking anything built within the last 15 years, the trucks are the only things I find attractive...maybe the Vette or the Camaro or the Mustang. All else is garbage IMO.

McGowdog you should buy back that 67 P/U. Those things seem to be going up in price.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM

100 posts, read 427,730 times
Personally, I like both. I prefer the body of a ford because it is durable, but also i prefer the suspension of a chevy, so its a toss up for me.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Although I own a Ford F250 4x4 (and am more than happy with it), most of my cars were/are muscle cars and all but one was GM (a few Chevys, two GTOs and a Buick GS 455)

Old 01-08-2008, 01:26 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
I have owned a couple good Fords over the years but I guess I'm a Chevy person basically.
I now have a 93 Silverado and a 99 Cavalier and have never had to do much more than preventive maintenance and basic stuff like brakes, exhaust, etc, to either. Both were bought new by me and my wife. We have no plans and no reason to replace either of them in the near future. They both run as good as they ever did and don't dollar me to death. They are still---just get in and go.
I do like the way the Ford trucks look but being a retired mechanic I hated to work on most Ford products. I didn't like the twin I beam suspension on the Ford trucks. They seemed to have a tendency to wear frt tires unevenly and were hard to keep in alignment. The E4od Ford trannys seemed to have alot of problems. I think thats what they were called. I've almost forgot.
I really liked the early Mustangs. My cousin had a couple of them and they were a blast to drive. Don't know much about the new ones except they sound and look good.
It all comes down to what kind of experiences each individual has had with either product over the years and personal preference. I'm sure alot of owners can say good and bad about both Ford and Chevy.
But when it comes time to look again, I will look at Chevy first because of the way they have served me in the past. But then again, my (unrestored) 1949 Plymouth is still a turn key car. They don't make them anymore.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 PM

167 posts, read 214,000 times
Not really a big fan of either, but I do like both in a biased way.
For me, the only cars I like from Ford are the Fusion and the Edge. Chevy's HHR is nice too. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive