Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Are the racist comments really necessary here?
A comment mentioning skin color and observations does not mean racist.
A comment mention a part of a city they mostly see the type of car is also not racist.

If I say, its mostly white guys running for President for the Republicans, is that racist?
Or If I say, I see mostly Mexican restaurants in the part of town that has a lot of Mexicans, is that racist?

Anyway, I like larger wheels, but not that large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
I'd say that most of the exterior car modifications I see look pretty bad to me, this is just much more exaggerated. But hey, it's not my money or car.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 PM

10,111 posts, read 9,976,086 times
I like the big ass rims on old school cars like a Chevy Caprice, but it looks tacky on a newer car.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Just saw an older red f body Camaro convertible rolling around like that.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Cause it's different.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
I laugh uncontrollably. They tend to fit a certain sterotype in my area, although usually never with a newer car.. just old Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Caddy's and the occasional old school Impala.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
It's really annoying when you're behind one and they almost come to a complete stop for every little bump in the road.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It's really annoying when you're behind one and they almost come to a complete stop for every little bump in the road.
That would be a problem in Michigan. Little bumps are every 6" and big bumps every 12"

Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Cars like that are a manifestation of LOW SELF-ESTEEM. These guys are worthless little losers whose parents wish they'd never been born. And they know they've never been anything but trouble and embarrassment. They've known it since they were four or five. As a survival mechanism, they've bought into an upside-down fantasy world (and a subculture full of 'men' like themselves), where good is bad, and bad is good, and being an F'tard is 'Cool'.

All that is fine. Not hurting anybody (OK, well, one of those things makes a neighborhood look scummy, even when it's just being driven down the street). But those cars also tend to be manifestations of the drivers' HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER, and their NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER.

Their HPD leads them to seek attention at any price. Their NPD causes them to have no concern for the well-being of others. So, they drive around with "performance exhaust systems" waking people up, and with those boom-car Donkmobiles thumpin'... ruining other people's lives, and destroying property values.

I must confess that If I had any power, I'd be rounding people like that up, and implementing a rather Stalinistic solution to their existence.
You are an anti-American, anti-freedom sob! You go ahead and wish you can round up people and do what you wish to them because YOU dont agree. You are a disgrace to the American name!

These donk cars are not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the hard work that goes into it. Some actually have some cool themes and are fun to look at.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
Awhile back I looked into where did it come from, one thing I saw was rappers, being rich, but not like P-diddy rich with Bentleys, so to have something seen and be "above" them, they went with the donks.

Like I said, I'd never do it, but I appreciate the custome work involved in the cars, and I'd rather see it then a tan/tan Camry with hubcaps.

Eitherway this thread needs more pics/vids.

Donks, Chevys, Big Rims at BCR - YouTube

DONKS DADE COUNTY MIAMI 305 - YouTube

Chevy Rydin High - YouTube

OH GOD!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive