Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,231,660 times

Advertisements

OMG I just have to say that is a horrible story!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,513,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Damn. I find the bug more horrifying than the car part:

o_O
That would be a full dump, not a simple pee in pants, if I saw that! WTF!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 PM

102 posts, read 152,711 times
HOLY FKN HELL THAT IS A HELICOLPTER. a mini one

Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,754,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've got a good one thats kind of tragic, kind of aggravating, maybe just a little funny. This just happened.
A man ran out of gas along a pretty busy road with businesses. He tried waving down passersby for help but nobody stopped. So he began to push the SUV up a slight hill with the drovers car door open and holding onto the wheel, steering it while walking along side. He lost control of the car as it rolled backwards clipping some poles and finally hitting a store sign while he was dragged underneath. He suffered injuries to his legs.
Tragic, up till this part of the story. I felt bad because I've run out of gas and had a person come out of their house and give me lawnmower gas to get me to a nearby gas station. I never forgot that act of kindness. So I probably would have stopped and at least given the guy a lift to a gas station which was only about a half mile away. No way would I have helped him push his car which is what his girlfriend implied people should have done. Then again, in this day and age, somebody trying to flag down drivers can be risky, so maybe I can understand why nobody stopped. And iI doubt I would have tried to flag down passersby. As a local guy he knew that gas stations were fairly close by.
Back to the girlfriend. She was very irate that nobody sopped to help her boyfriend until after the crash and he was injured. Then she said everybody came to help scurrying like " cockroaches."
Needless to say she was not a very popular person in the local news forums. Thats the funny part, her reaction.
What? So why was the guy pushing the car? Was it blocking the road? If not, sounds like he needs a Darwin award. I've ran out of gas before (dumb) but never tried to push my car myself, always managed to pull off onto the shoulder, then I just locked it up and walked to a gas station. Once, that meant a 2 mile walk, in 20 degree rain, in high heels, after a job interview.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:56 AM

22,405 posts, read 29,534,074 times
Sally-You meant before a job interview

Old 03-07-2013, 07:02 AM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I hit a deer once.
We had a guy at a dragstrip in illinois years ago (1980's maybe) hit a buck while going 130+.

The driver was killed by impalement on the bucks tines as it came through the windshield.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM

538 posts, read 1,014,149 times
There have been 2-3 times I have had to stop the truck because a wasp flew in. I cannot stand those damn things.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,262,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Looking at that bug, all I could think of was the movie Starship Troopers...

The only good bug is a dead bug. Would you like to know more?
When I saw that movie I wondered why they didn't have better guns, or why they didn't use air support to a much greater degree.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:22 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,447,543 times
This is a scary story, but an awesome one too , in that the driver survived! This is awesome he did not die when his car went over the cliff. Awesome, after he was courageous to fight to stay alive.

The worst accident I ever saw was (I did not witness it) the photos of a DUI resulting in death, where the driver and passengers were decapitated. They were not wearing their seat belts and the tearing metal decapitated them. It was a horrid scene.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:37 PM

22,405 posts, read 29,534,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
This is a scary story, but an awesome one too , in that the driver survived! This is awesome he did not die when his car went over the cliff. Awesome, after he was courageous to fight to stay alive.

The worst accident I ever saw was (I did not witness it) the photos of a DUI resulting in death, where the driver and passengers were decapitated. They were not wearing their seat belts and the tearing metal decapitated them. It was a horrid scene.
Bro is a FF here in Miami. He sees some pretty brutal stuff every so often
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive