Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times

Advertisements

When I purchased my Camry LE in 03 it made sense you get a V-6 and better looking wheels. The XLE didn't make sense then or now because they are trying to made a sporty family sedan into a sports car which it will never be. The Camry has always had enough power V-6 but the seats are not designed for cornering even with the XLe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Everyone dont want a RWD car.
Very true not everybody wants a superior propulsion layout.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,131,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgto View Post
clearly the best way to put a closure to a debate..
What debate, you missed my point entirely.

Oh, and the ILX is a dressed up civic, not a luxury car. Care to debate that?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 PM

359 posts, read 779,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFP View Post
What debate, you missed my point entirely.

Oh, and the ILX is a dressed up civic, not a luxury car. Care to debate that?
Nope. Don't care. I agree its a dressed up Civic. But its closer to accord than a "$45k" MB C250.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Default want fold-down rear seats? Get a LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but the difference looks like $2620 for the Camry. Didn't look at the Accord. That's more than 10% of the $3000 figure.

At $2620, the XLE (apparently) gets dual zone climate control, 17" wheels, moonroof ($1355 ala carte on other packages), power driver's seat, heated mirrors, and fog lights. I might be missing something small.

The moonroof/power driver's seat combination accounts for half the package, so the remainder of the package is pretty much the dual zone climate, mirrors, wheels, and fog lights. It's not an awful price, but I'd rather have heated seats than fog lights. To get heated seats you have to order the leather package ($2870 or $3370).

Even without leather it's almost a $26k car with a 4 cylinder engine and front wheel drive. The Subaru Legacy with all wheel drive and heated seats for $1000 less, foregoing the climate control in favor of the all wheel drive and available heated seats, is a better value. The remainder of the equipment is pretty similar. The Legacy gets a little less mileage, but $1000 makes up for a 3mpg difference for a long time. Plus it's better to drive, IMO.

But I guess the question was if the option package was worth the cost. I guess it's not awful if you want larger wheels and the little odds and ends that come with it.
While the XLE has a lot of nice goodies not available on the LE, such as the rear HVAC vents (which are nice to have for your rear seat passengers on a hot day), it conspicuously doesn't have something that the LE has, which is the split folding rear seats (instead, it has the reclining rear seat, and a pass through armrest). The fold-down rear seats are really handy if you need to carry outsized cargo once in awhile. Not having it is usually a game-breaker for me (this is true for the Camry's bigger brother, the Avalon). Come to think of it, I don't think the SE has a split folding rear seat either (the reason is that they've kept that for additional body stiffness for handling).

The Accords' rear seats (of any trim level) do fold, but it is a fixed, one-piece backrest, which is less flexible than the split-style.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
When I purchased my Camry LE in 03 it made sense you get a V-6 and better looking wheels. The XLE didn't make sense then or now because they are trying to made a sporty family sedan into a sports car which it will never be. The Camry has always had enough power V-6 but the seats are not designed for cornering even with the XLe.
Actually, the XLE is equipped to be luxury, rather than sport. The SE is the one with sporty pretentions(given its larger tires and stiffer suspension) though it's by no means a sports car.

Accords tend to be tuned for more livelier handling than Camrys, whose forte is a softer and quieter ride.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:04 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Wow. That would be a deal breaker for me too. I couldn't stand not having a fold down rear seat in my Avalon although the pass through sufficed a few times. It's not like I needed it often, but when I did, it was a real pain to not have it.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:25 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
$30k? For an Accord or Camry? For the Accord, maybe, if the new design tickles your fancy that much. The Camry? No way. Despite a 2012 redesign, it's more outdated than a 2008-2012 Accord.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
$30k? For an Accord or Camry? For the Accord, maybe, if the new design tickles your fancy that much. The Camry? No way. Despite a 2012 redesign, it's more outdated than a 2008-2012 Accord.
You can't deny that the Camry has a very smooth ride, can you?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
You might look at Accord LE-premium which has alot of the options many want while not so many others.My sister bought one because she didn't want moon roof and some of the other frills while wanting larger alloy wheels;Securitysystem with remote,electric driver seat and a few others.The no moon roof alone saves alot if you like mnay who rarely use it or don't want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive