Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:17 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
On another note, if I'm in a place of business and the clerk stops waiting on me to answer the phone, I tell them to put that person on hold, I took the trouble of coming into their business and the lazy caller can wait their turn. I've actually cancelled a purchase because of this.
Same. I run into something similar all the time at auto stores. There is one guy doing part lookups for someone who has no idea what they are even looking for. "I think it's a 2005, with the bigger engine maybe?" Then another in the back on break or chatting or pulling something off a shelf for a pickup that isn't there to pickup yet, with a line of about 5 people waiting to purchase items. Not a phone call but equally annoying as they don't have adequate staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 08:31 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
When I order a new car, I print on the purchase order "NO DEALER STICKER OR OTHER DEALER I.D. TO BE PLACED ON CAR". This has always worked for me, and I suggest that others do likewise.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,170,887 times
I wish that 'save the manuals' decal came in a sticker. I'd rock it on my truck in a heartbeat if I could put it in the rear window.

Mike

Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,143,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I get the dealership to remove all their advertising before I take ownership of the car.

I'm not an unpaid billboard for them.
^^^^This...just ask them to remove it before you take delivery.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,110 times
a license plate holder is fine, but the way carmax and others taint the vehicle with that stick on nonsense...that shht need to come off before i leave the lot and it better not leave an imprint in the paint

Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM

16,665 posts, read 17,428,904 times
Quote:
I do the same thing.

On another note, if I'm in a place of business and the clerk stops waiting on me to answer the phone, I tell them to put that person on hold, I took the trouble of coming into their business and the lazy caller can wait their turn. I've actually cancelled a purchase because of this.
Yes- that's always puzzled me why the phone takes precedence over people waiting at a desk.

I have considered phoning the very company that I'm standing in line for before now just to see what would happen.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:50 AM

311 posts, read 450,765 times
It drives me nuts when people leave the license plate cover on the car with the dealership name. It's so easy to remove, why don't they do it??

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
When I order a new car, I print on the purchase order "NO DEALER STICKER OR OTHER DEALER I.D. TO BE PLACED ON CAR". This has always worked for me, and I suggest that others do likewise.

I should have but again, I had them sign off on where I wrote "No PDI of front plate bracket". I did not want holes drilled in my bumper. They actually made me sign a waiver because in CT it is the law to have a front plate (I've never had one on any car I've owned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
I wish that 'save the manuals' decal came in a sticker. I'd rock it on my truck in a heartbeat if I could put it in the rear window.

Mike
It is a sticker, came in a two pack. The second one is taped to my desk so I can still use it as a decal.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:54 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,791,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallahoohoo View Post
It drives me nuts when people leave the license plate cover on the car with the dealership name. It's so easy to remove, why don't they do it??
You'd be surprised at how few people have screwdrivers.

My neighbor had his plates on the wrong ends of his car and was trying to use a dime to turn a Philips head screw. I brought him down a screw driver (the jerk thought I was going to do it was well and was taken aback when I handed him the screwdriver).

Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
I do the same thing.

I was once in a consultation with a lawyer, and the phone rang and he excused himself and answered it. Then he said, "So now you know, if you ever phone, I'll take your call, too." I was positively impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive