Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,587,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Okay there big hero, show me an SUV that isn't primitive. They are ALL boxes on wheels and have the aerodynamics of a brick. They are top heavy, handle like crap and might as well be made in the 70's as far what they are. Heck there were cars in the 50's that probably handled better. Also, don't tell me they are all slow out of the hole. Many are way overpowered and can lay down fast times in the 1/4. Those are the ones I hate the most because they get people in all kinds of trouble and many times causing death. I just love to see them flying down snow-covered roads as they think they somehow can stop better than others because they saw a TV ad showing the SUV flying through a snowdrift. Yep, brilliant as they ram some poor sole from behind and kill a couple of kids in car seats in the back. Wonderful! People that drive them are mostly all the same. Aggressive and bully types and wanting to say, "look at me, look at me, I drive what the latest rap star drives!"

Oh, and my car hasn't moved in a week because I ride a bike to and from work. You know that thing you pedal. Of course the SUV people want me to pay tax to ride it on the streets. I show them how type II diabetes is killing tons of people and causing Americans BILLIONS of dollars in medical bills, but I digress. I do understand the fat folks wanting SUV's though. The seats are higher so their guts are less compressed and they feel more comfortable. Plus it is easier to get in and out of for the fatties.

Anyway, as soon as the OP labeled people with "liberal" or "left wing" or whatever convenient label so they don't have to think, I knew brain drain was here. It is like talking to a brick wall. Good luck though.
I didn't read any of your diatribe past "big hero". No hero here just buying what I like. But now that I read moronic comments from people like you makes me even more happy owning my "primitive box"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 06:04 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,419,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
1. Lambos and Ferraris aren't driven as daily drivers and if you look at them for sale used, even 10 year old ones have very few miles on them, so they can't be compared to a daily.
2. SUVs are really junk. They are high sitting vehicles that don't handle well and can't avoid accidents at all. They plow into any problems that occur in front of them, so they cause a lot of needless harm and they really are an American mess. They are marketed to us 24/7. Most of them really don't have all that much utility at all. They are mainly for aggressive women that want to tailgate and bully others.

Personally, I am a driver of a AWD European Sports Sedan that gets over 30mpg, but it is solid on the road. I can't imagine driving something as primitive as an SUV. I am a "driver" and take it too seriously to drive around in some huge box on wheels.

As far as labeling people as "left wingers" or whatever people that love to simplify others, that is too silly. Believe it or not, there are all kinds of people around the world with all kind of political views that take driving way too seriously to drive some SUV or empty pickup around. Most would drive a 5 series BMW wagon or an A4 wagon if they needed to. Or if they have a huge family, they would get a small van, but the people with one or two kids that get some huge SUV are silly and are falling for the marketing bs. I am not so easily manipulated in buying a box on wheels and the marketing is amusing to me.

Enjoy your closed minded views. I am not a "left wing" or all that. I am a thinker and can't be categorized so conveniently by those who can't think. I would vote for a republican or democrat based on their views, not by their party, but I don't want your brain to fry too much by thinking about all that.
You don't ever know when there will be a time when you will need a large vehicle.

Such as when you meed to carry a lot of stuff, tow a boat or something behind alittle bigger, have a bunch a people that will want to go somewhere or on a long road trip (and be comfortable with room at the same time), and going through routh roads or streets and that will tear a regular car's suspension up to worst.

A car such as your sedan or a BMW 5 Series or A4 will not cut everytime.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
No hero here just buying what I like. But now that I read moronic comments from people like you makes me even more happy owning my "primitive box"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Such as when you meed to carry a lot of stuff, tow a boat or something behind alittle bigger, have a bunch a people that will want to go somewhere or on a long road trip (and be comfortable with room at the same time), and going through routh roads or streets and that will tear a regular car's suspension up to worst.

A car such as your sedan or a BMW 5 Series or A4 will not cut everytime.
Were you two drunk when you posted this? Perhaps, you used a smart phone to respond while driving your SUV or truck. Either way, you're not helping your cause.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,224,621 times
As a single person I prefer to ride an econobox, and should the need for a large SUV or truck arises, I would rent it.

As a liberal, I am not going to go out of my way to say that your choice of having an SUV is wrong because I don't really know anyone's circumstances, but I do hold the opinion that a full-sized SUV that doesn't get the intended use out of it is not the most economic choice. Furthermore, as a liberal, companies working towards fuel efficiency should be a byproduct of free-market demand, and auto companies should not be bailed out by the government.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:03 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
Unfortunately the Detroit Three are irrelevant in the nation's most important automobile market as it relates to passenger car sales, as evidenced by having under 30% of the new car sales market here in California while imports continue to dominate the sales charts.

Left wingers obey they environmental zealot masters, and theydespise privately owned automobiles, in spite of the disastrous results to the economy and our standard of living which they've inflicted upon all of us for over three decades.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:15 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,587,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Were you two drunk when you posted this? Perhaps, you used a smart phone to respond while driving your SUV or truck. Either way, you're not helping your cause.
I don't drink anything but juice,water and soda. And what "cause" are you talking about? People who drive trucks or SUVs don't have to justify owning them that's why these threads are stupid.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM

24 posts, read 49,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallahoohoo View Post
I pick up a lot of misogyny from the OP's first post... Typical rightwinger.

I don't have any wings, as I was not born a bird; but I find this very biased.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 AM

24 posts, read 49,555 times
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51
Someone that finally gets my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If that's your point, why not just type "I really don't like Al Gore" in the OP?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,102,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I don't drink anything but juice,water and soda. And what "cause" are you talking about? People who drive trucks or SUVs don't have to justify owning them that's why these threads are stupid.
If you feel that this thread is so stupid, then why do you keep posting comments on it?

Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,129 times
Because...

Left-wingers and 'tree-huggers' are idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive