Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 PM

794 posts, read 818,919 times

Advertisements

What's wrong with you? Why can't you drive? Are you doing it on purpose, or are you really just that stupid regarding all things driving?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 AM

223 posts, read 732,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
What's wrong with you? Why can't you drive? Are you doing it on purpose, or are you really just that stupid regarding all things driving?

I've recently moved out of the DC area and lived in VA and MD and I think it's the whole area. DC is consistently on the list of Worst Driving Cities in the USA, no one uses turn signals, no one knows how to merge onto the highway correctly, there's just a lack of common courtesy and manners on the road all over.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:43 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,037,712 times
Quote:

I wonder the same thing about just about every other state, as well; including my own.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Hows the old saying go "Any one driving slower then me is stupid, any one driving faster is a maniac"

Old 05-21-2014, 07:08 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
I wonder the same thing about just about every other state, as well; including my own.
yeah, teh problems are widespread. I've seen bad merging in NC, SC, PA, VA, MD, NJ, NY, CT and Mass, with PA and MD being the worst at it, but the others are not doing to well overall, either. I've seen bad driving in Maine and Florida, too, though merging wasn't the big problem in those places.

I have a theory that the safer drivers feel in their cars (i.e the car wioll protect them in any situation) the worse they get.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Living in Northern VA, people around here drive me nuts. I wonder, if part of the drivers test around here was having to merge, drive on a highway, and then exit a highway, how many people would get their drivers licenses.

That said, from my point of view, people from MD and DC suck just as much at driving.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:28 AM

327 posts, read 569,020 times
Quote:

No way to give negative reputation points?
Whenever I drive to Maryland, I find the drivers over there far more aggressive. I have seen speeding in school zones, been flipped off, and encountered generally ruder behavior behind the wheel.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:02 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
lol @ NoVA. I used to date a girl who went to GMU down there, what a nightmare. The intersections are just insane. 7 lanes or more and your stuck there for 5-10 minutes at a time waiting for your turn. Also, "Don't Block the Box" signs are everywhere because people have no clue how to discern turning on a green light when the opposite direction is clear. I remember in Fairfax there was a same street name that was actually 5 completely different streets that did not connect in anyway, smh.

Glad I don't go to that area anymore, watch out for any car that is white, most likely it's a trooper in a Stratus, Buick, or any number of vehicles doing highway speed checks. Just set your cruise in that state to 65 and coast through.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 AM

419 posts, read 902,637 times
are you really just that stupid regarding all things driving

yes i am

Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasva69 View Post
Whenever I drive to Maryland, I find the drivers over there far more aggressive. I have seen speeding in school zones, been flipped off, and encountered generally ruder behavior behind the wheel.
if you have seen his other threads then you will know this is what he considers as good driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive