Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 AM

790 posts, read 1,267,656 times

Advertisements

In case anyone didnt notice the LIMIT is the LIMIT not a suggestion. Why do people ride peoples *** that do the limit? I am not going to risk getting a ticket just because YOU didnt leave 5 minutes earlier for your crappy job.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
U just answered your own question. Congratulations on a crap pointless thread.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:11 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
In case anyone didnt notice the LIMIT is the LIMIT not a suggestion. Why do people ride peoples *** that do the limit? I am not going to risk getting a ticket just because YOU didnt leave 5 minutes earlier for your crappy job.
Let's think about this for a minute. So, what if this person riding your ass is trying to get somewhere important, like a hospital because a relative was just admitted. What if their child had an accident at school? There are numerous emergency situations that can come up but your self centered self can't look past your own thought.

You automatically assume that he or she is being a pr!ck because you are doing the speed limit and their are on your @ss. How about doing the courteous thing and move over so they can pass.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Let's think about this for a minute. So, what if this person riding your ass is trying to get somewhere important, like a hospital because a relative was just admitted. What if their child had an accident at school? There are numerous emergency situations that can come up but your self centered self can't look past your own thought.

You automatically assume that he or she is being a pr!ck because you are doing the speed limit and their are on your @ss. How about doing the courteous thing and move over so they can pass.
Actually if you're doing the speed limit and the person behind you is in a rush for what ever reason, then he/she should just go around. That's what I do when I find myself driving behind a snail.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Oh hey look! This topic again! :facepalm:

Old 05-23-2014, 09:18 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:

Wow, so ignorant and arrogant. First off, many roads don't have an area to pull over to allow others to pass. Secondly, being late or responding to an emergency is not an excuse for illegal and dangerous driving like tailgating. You maintain a safe distance until you're able to pass the slower moving vehicle. If their child had a serious accident at school, the parent getting to the hospital fast won't make a difference in the care he/she receives. The only private vehicles allowed to speed to respond to an emergency is volunteer firefighters and only if their vehicle has been fitted with emergency lights. Even doctors don't have the right to speed to get to the hospital.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Wow, so ignorant and arrogant. First off, many roads don't have an area to pull over to allow others to pass. Secondly, being late or responding to an emergency is not an excuse for illegal and dangerous driving like tailgating. You maintain a safe distance until you're able to pass the slower moving vehicle. If their child had a serious accident at school, the parent getting to the hospital fast won't make a difference in the care he/she receives. The only private vehicles allowed to speed to respond to an emergency is volunteer firefighters and only if their vehicle has been fitted with emergency lights. Even doctors don't have the right to speed to get to the hospital.
At the same time, the right lane is for the slow drivers and the left lane is passing, but if the slow driver is in the left lane... I don't think the speed limit matters though, at least not as much as driving conditions.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
Quote:

I get tailgated while keeping right. Am I suppose to move to the shoulder because someone is in a hurry to get nowhere, only for them to realize they had plenty of time because they was never in the rush to begin with. Having an emergency is not an excuse to act like a clown.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:34 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I get tailgated while keeping right. Am I suppose to move to the shoulder because someone is in a hurry to get nowhere, then to find out you have plenty of time because they was never in the rush to begin with. Having an emergency is not an excuse to act like a clown.
There will always be clowns on the road. If you are in the right lane and there is room for them to pass on the left, then you have done what you could, but there are those who will stay in the left lane with the attitude that I'm doing the speed limit so get off my ass. Guess what, both of you are breaking the law. This particular topic has been beat to death on these forums. The OP asked why people ride their bumper and I gave examples as to why they might be.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:
There will always be clowns on the road. If you are in the right lane and there is room for them to pass on the left, then you have done what you could, but there are those who will stay in the left lane with the attitude that I'm doing the speed limit so get off my ass. Guess what, both of you are breaking the law. This particular topic has been beat to death on these forums. The OP asked why people ride their bumper and I gave examples as to why they might be.

Did you really mean this? If there is no room for them to pass then tailgating is OK???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive