Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 PM

21,921 posts, read 25,242,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I've been pulled over about 15 times. I've gotten 3 tickets and about a dozen warnings, for a ticket percentage of 20%. I'm curious what other people's ratio is for % of pull-overs resulting in a ticket.
If I was actually doing something wrong or just pulled over because?

I've probably been pulled over a half dozen times between the S2000 and GSX for just no reason at all. "Headlights looked too low," "Back windows were tinted so I need you to roll up your front windows to check if they are," that kind of stuff. Never got a ticket.

For speeding in a car, two tickets, three warnings. Tickets were 80 in a 65 which was just funny because the cop was literally just getting on his bike when I came over a hill. Like fish in a barrel. Other was 95 in a 55, cop never clocked me. Came around a corner right in front of him. I pulled over to wait and 30 seconds later he came blasting back and almost overshot me. Marked it down as 65 since he didn't have to chase me for five miles to catch up. CA plates in WA. They know you're not going to do anything but pay

On the bike I've had three warnings. On one of them I wasn't even speeding, they just wanted to tell me about the two motorcyclists that went off the cliff last weekend and get me to slow down. Kind of funny since I was coming up on my turn and barely had the bike leaned over at all since I was looking for the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,717,229 times
My percentage of getting pulled over and actually issued a ticket would be 50%

Pulled over and ticketed for speeding, 42 in a 30 zone. Don't remember the amount since it was 33 years ago.

Pulled over and NOT ticketed for speeding, 45 in a 30 zone. Ticket was about 25 years ago. This stop was in an area that should be more than 30 MPH in my opinion. It's open road and outside of a small town....but yet within the city limits which extend way out of town. I think the officers realize that fact and unless you're driving crazy fast or drunk etc..., they are inclined to let you go with a verbal warning.

Pulled over and ticketed for speeding, 64 in a 50 zone. Ticket was in the neighborhood of $85 about 22 years ago.

Pulled over and ticketed for speeding, 76 in a 55 zone. Ticket was about $125 about 18 years ago. I had a radar detector on and it never beeped so I figured he didn't really have the radar reading to back up his case....so I asked (as is my right) to see the reading in his car. I knew I was sunk when I approached his squad car and noticed on the side of the dash mounted "radar gun".......it said "Laser" on the side. I looked at the very clear reading showing 76 MPH, put my head down, and walked back to my car and waited for my ticket :-)

Pulled over and NOT ticketed for speeding, 80 in a 70 zone. Officer gave me a verbal warning only. About 8 years ago.

Pulled over and NOT ticketed for not wearing seat belt. Officer gave me a written warning only. About 2 months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive