Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM

899 posts, read 1,015,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My post is not about car modifications, but about resizing pics. How do you resize the pics so they look large without people having to click on a thumbnail? I have jacked with my pics in every way I can think of and I still get a tiny thumbnail other readers must click if they want to view the full image. Thanks for any info.
Which method do you use to post pictures? I just img coded that in (typing lowercase img codes, not clicking the button). When I post in the daily photo thread in the Photography forum, it shows the dimensions of the image and "This Image has been resized." I never have used the attachment method.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
You will never get car people to agree on what is good taste on autos but I am sure the large majority of car people would say the cars posted in this thread are just junk.

I guess bad taste is better than no taste or maybe not.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:45 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,381,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburger View Post
That is awesome

More power to them.

Edit: To me it's no different from putting $1500 wheels on an American classic car.
More chance of getting a return when selling a classic, than a 1995 Honda Civic IMO

Old 08-05-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
More chance of getting a return when selling a classic, than a 1995 Honda Civic IMO
That I can agree with.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:59 AM

804 posts, read 1,076,040 times
I love people who say they are car enthusiast's and the only mods they can do is ones that require a screw driver and detailed instructions with pictures.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:26 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
I love people who say they are car enthusiast's and the only mods they can do is ones that require a screw driver and detailed instructions with pictures.
You can be a car enthusiast without ever doing your own oil change. Car enthusiast doesn't refer to someone who likes to work on cars but someone with a deep appreciation for automotive culture. Before I could work on my own cars, before I could even afford a car in high school I was obsessed with cars. Reading about them, talking about them, going to meets, etc. There are a lot of mechanics who couldn't care less about cars once the work day is done because its just a job. A lot of enthusiasts also start with simpler jobs and work their way up whether that takes months or years. I think its pretty ignorant to assume that a car enthusiast has to know how to turn a wrench and I'm fairly certain there are amputees who are car enthusiasts as well.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:33 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
I've noticed that some people don't understand that stanced car owners do not CARE about the handling.
These cars are a hazard in bad weather and any low traction situation. I certainly understand that the owner of the car may not care, but the person he hits will. IMO, in any case where they are involved in an accident, the penalty should be tripled because they purposefully degraded the safe handling of the vehicle.

As for them not being in dangerous because they are not in accidents - that is a very silly thing to say...
http://racecarthings.com/stance-cause-highway-accident/
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...h-cars-unsafe/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJS2qJTgYM

What I hate most are the illegally raised monster trucks that are a danger to normal hight bumpered cars.

And while I think the "stanced" cars are idiotic - and dangerous - I do like the donks.

But even with that said, most of the donks on the road are annoying because the rubber is so thin that they have to drive very slowly over any imperfections in the road surface - or else they will bend or break a wheel.

All-in-all, I think that if people want to do this to their vehicles, fine - their money. But they should be limited of off-road use. So, I can't give any of them a pass.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-05-2015 at 10:10 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
These cars are a hazard in bad weather and any low traction situation. I certainly understand that the owner of the car may not care, but the person he hits will. IMO, in any case where they are involved in an accident, the penalty should be tripled because they purposefully degraded the safe handling of the vehicle.

As for them not being in dangerous because they are not in accidents - that is a very silly thing to say...
Is STANCE The Cause Of This Highway Accident?
Quebec thinks your hellaflush cars are hella unsafe

What I hate most are the illegally raised monster trucks that are a danger to normal hight bumpered cars.

And while I think the "stanced" cars are idiotic - and dangerous - I do like the donks.

But even with that said, most of the donks on the road are annoying because the rubber is so thin that they have to drive very slowly over any imperfections in the road surface - or else they will bend or break a wheel.

All-in-all, I think that if people want to do this to their vehicles, fine - their money. But they should be limited of off-road use. So, I can't give any of them a pass.
We'll agree to disagree then. I do not think stanced cars or donks are hazardous in any way, nor do I think they should be limited to offroad use. I believe you should be able to drive what you want to.

That Quebec law has infuriated me for a long time now.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:18 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
We'll agree to disagree then. I do not think stanced cars or donks are hazardous in any way, nor do I think they should be limited to offroad use. I believe you should be able to drive what you want to.

But you see, the problem when "you drive what you want to drive" is that it is a public street and therefore the safety of "ALL" have to be considered. That is why there are minimum and maximum and other regulations.

I think Quebec is perfectly within their rights and people are lucky their cars aren't being crushed. Cars can be an artwork, but if they are not functional, they should be limited to driving where they are not a hazard to others.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:31 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Quote:

Reducing your tire patch to tiny amounts is not hazardous?

Donks are not necessarily hazardous provided the brakes and steering are upgraded to accommodate the significant increase in unsprung mass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive