Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 04:33 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,049,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Is that video supposed to represent all ford truck drivers? That guy is just a douchebag. Replace the truck eith a xyz car and it's still a douchebag driving. And at what point did I claim Fords to be fashion statements? Since you seem to want this to be personal. I drive a 15 year old flat bed Ford diesel truck. It's hardly a fashion statement. It's not lifted with 15k in wheels suspension and tires and booming system other than a winch bumper its stock height stock wheels. I do have a Bluetooth radio but that's because hands free cell phone laws. I need the winch otherwise I wouldn't put them on.

Now a 60-80,000+ luxury car IS making a statement. A 15 year old Ford truck? Not so much. But truthfully idgaf what you drive.
  1. I never said it was personal, but apparently you do. I took a guess (and low and behold), i was RIGHT. You do drive a Ford PU.
  2. Comparing a 10 yr old infiniti to a new BMW and identifying them both as Yuppies was your mistake. There is a huge difference between EURO cars and Asian made Cars. Asian made cars are generally targeted towards more conservative pragmatic drivers. They are WAY cheaper to run and maintain than a EURO car (BMW, Mercedes, Saab, Volvo, etc). Of course there are exceptions, like the ASIAN made toyota land cruisers, Q80'S etc.
  3. Apparently you do GAF bout what i drive because you put my 10yr old infiniti into the same class as a Yuppie car. Doing that is like me labeling YOU a dumbarse Redneck who drives an overpowered vehicle to make up for your low self-esteem (OR your a Fashion statement cowboy). Not very nice. I'm sure your diesel PU serves you well with the type of work you do. I'm smart enough to know that a f250 diesel is a work truck----and not a impractical, low utility vehicle like a H2 hummer.
  4. And YEAH, many people drive Big Overpowered TRUCKS to make a FASHION STATEMENT. Most don't need a F350 diesel truck jacked up 6ft, BUT their out there. MANY are their out there trying to intimidate people with their OVER-SIZED trucks. Personally, I could give a flying "f" ----its just an observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 05:45 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,605,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
  1. I never said it was personal, but apparently you do. I took a guess (and low and behold), i was RIGHT. You do drive a Ford PU.
  2. Comparing a 10 yr old infiniti to a new BMW and identifying them both as Yuppies was your mistake. There is a huge difference between EURO cars and Asian made Cars. Asian made cars are generally targeted towards more conservative pragmatic drivers. They are WAY cheaper to run and maintain than a EURO car (BMW, Mercedes, Saab, Volvo, etc). Of course there are exceptions, like the ASIAN made toyota land cruisers, Q80'S etc.
  3. Apparently you do GAF bout what i drive because you put my 10yr old infiniti into the same class as a Yuppie car. Doing that is like me labeling YOU a dumbarse Redneck who drives an overpowered vehicle to make up for your low self-esteem (OR your a Fashion statement cowboy). Not very nice. I'm sure your diesel PU serves you well with the type of work you do. I'm smart enough to know that a f250 diesel is a work truck----and not a impractical, low utility vehicle like a H2 hummer.
  4. And YEAH, many people drive Big Overpowered TRUCKS to make a FASHION STATEMENT. Most don't need a F350 diesel truck jacked up 6ft, BUT their out there. MANY are their out there trying to intimidate people with their OVER-SIZED trucks. Personally, I could give a flying "f" ----its just an observation.

If you read my past posts I never hid the fact of what I drive. The reason I drive that pick up is because it's simply the best tool for the job at hand in my needs. My daily driver is a unassuming import. No wheels tires or high end badge. I can't pick up lumber, mulch, plywood,plants, rocks etc in my little commuter.
Infinity like Lexus, since it was ALWAYS marketed as a "luxury" car due to its initial cost is going to be considered a yuppie car. Just like anyone driving a BMW, Mercedes or a higher end car is going to be automatically placed on that certain shelf. It doesn't need to be new to be considered a show off car. No different than what you did with HUMVEE drivers. You were the one who automatically placed EVERY person who drove a HUMVEE in a certain class. And then posted that video of that moron. There are a holes driving all kinds of cars. The vehicle is not the problem. You're just associating a certain vehicle with that type of person.
Stop worrying about what others drive.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:50 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Nothing says "I'm a clown" like driving around in a Hummer. To each his own though.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
I have a lot of enthusiast friends who own BMWs and none are jerks. Most are just average car guys who love the ability that BMW builds into their cars. In fact, out of the couple hundred BMW owners I know, none are jerks, either in person or while driving. True, most of them own older BMWs, and a large number own E38 7 series like myself. Hanging out, talking cars, driving fun backroads, and barbequeing. Good times.
Fair point, but on the other hand...I never met a d**** who thought he was a d****.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:48 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,330,728 times
Hmmm...

Old 10-24-2015, 07:55 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,649,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
5'6 is above average hieght for a woman.
Today it is. Napoleon isn't alive today. People were significantly shorter not too long ago.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:26 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,605,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nothing says "I'm a clown" like driving around in a Hummer. To each his own though.

Yeah but that can be said about ANY higher end vehicle. You know absolutely nothing about that person. Sounds like a lot like envy because that person drives X car and you drive y car.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:14 PM

3,250 posts, read 6,312,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think Hummers are cool! Nothing says "I'm a clown" like judging people on what they drive.

For all the Hummer haters, get ready for the 600 HP,12 cylinder Bentayga SUV in 2017!

Old 10-24-2015, 01:02 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,270,684 times
I always thought Bill Clinton should be selling Hummers on tv commercials

"There's nothing like a good Hummer (then look in the hummer and monica is sitting in the passenger seat )

Old 10-24-2015, 01:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,308,967 times
Hummina, Hummina, Hummina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive