Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:28 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,428,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It's just road courtesy.
If i am useing my cc i set it to the speed limit, if you’re in a hurry stomp down on your accelerator and hit your passing gear, i always drive the speed limit, if the speed limit is 55 i do 55 we’re dose it say that it’s ok to go faster than the speed limit. I don’t set my cc to go faster because we’re dose it say that it’s ok to go 5 mph over the speed limit, if it were ok than the speed limit would be 60 mph not 55.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 05:59 AM

50,831 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
Guys, I’m NOT saying that I dive over into the passing lane to hold up the vehicles behind me so I can pass at 2mph. I’m not “that” driver.

I’m saying - I can see cars WAY BACK there in my mirror, can tell they’re going faster than me, and will likely be passing me in about 2 minutes. I can EASILY just cruise on past the guy in front of me without having to fidget with my cruise control and glide back over with plenty of room to spare long before those other cars catch up to us, IF the guy I’m passing just keeps in cruising at his set speed that he’s been holding this entire time. BUT NO, hot dog McGee decided that “you shall not pass” for whatever idiotic reason, which slows my pass down and let’s the others start to catch up, SO i fall back behind the guy to let the others pass without them having to jockey around on the gas peddle either. THEN hit dog McGee slows back down slower than me again, and repeat. That is what drives me nuts.

I have two cars. I have two driving styles. One is a easy going cruiser that I like to relax in, and the other is pants on fire fly around. In the cruise, I’m smooth. In the other, I pass to drive fast.
Ok I’ll take your word but there are many people who wouldn’t speed up to pass no matter how many frustrated drivers were behind him. You would also find you eliminate that game you hate if you just pass quickly and put space between you. I don’t even notice if the person I’m passing sped up 2 miles an hour while I was passing cause I floor it and am passed and back in front of him in a few seconds.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
If i am useing my cc i set it to the speed limit, if you’re in a hurry stomp down on your accelerator and hit your passing gear, i always drive the speed limit, if the speed limit is 55 i do 55 we’re dose it say that it’s ok to go faster than the speed limit. I don’t set my cc to go faster because we’re dose it say that it’s ok to go 5 mph over the speed limit, if it were ok than the speed limit would be 60 mph not 55.
If it wasn’t okay people would get pulled over on the highway for going 60 in a 65 but they don’t. Cops on the highway drive over the speed limit. It is understood that speeding for a minute to pass is safer than having some left land Di** passive-aggressively leafing a parade. Flow of traffic is safest. If the flow in the left lane is 75 on a 65 mph highway and you jump in going 65, you’re a hazard to everyone around you, period.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:25 AM

15,804 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Why do you do this?

I start to pass you and then you speed up; or you speed by me, get over in front of me and then slow down.

It's very annoying, please stop.
That's actually the reason I don't use CC.

As soon as I get it set, someone passes and then slows down in front of me. Very annoying

Old 06-06-2018, 08:52 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:

Ok Grandpa

Old 06-06-2018, 10:06 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,970,898 times
Quote:
Why do you do this?

I start to pass you and then you speed up; or you speed by me, get over in front of me and then slow down.

Same for you cruise control users. You set it, then use it while passing which means YOURE GOING TOO SLOW.

Its very annoying. Please stop.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:53 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,490,241 times
Quote:
Why do you do this?

I-20 in Texas is notorious for this, I-5 in California seems to be a little better at cruise control use.

Fyi, my wife's car has no cruise.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Same for you cruise control users. You set it, then use it while passing which means YOURE GOING TOO SLOW.

Its very annoying. Please stop.

What has that got to do with the OP's post?

Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What has that got to do with the OP's post?
OP said people who don’t use cruise are annoying cause they change speeds when he’s trying to
pass them. This poster said people who do use cruise are annoying because they don’t change speeds/speed up when passing. Two sides of the same coin.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
That's very noble, I just hope you are not driving on the left lane. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive