Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:11 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times

Advertisements

I saw all I needed to see after I read about immature, pickup driving, idiots in Hickory, NC.

That town is the armpit of the Piedmont region and these morons fit right in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 10:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Nothing beats a S10 XTREME done right with a 450hp LS3.
so dreamy... <swoons>

Old 12-26-2018, 05:00 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
so dreamy... <swoons>
Chevy screwed up with the Xtreme back in them days. Would have been perfect with at least a 5.3. Most sold were 4 bangers and i was forced into the full size 99 and 03 Lightnings.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:03 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
People who drive SuperdupermegaTrucks do not impress me in the least with their driving etiquette.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:49 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Chevy screwed up with ...

diesels, electrics, ignition switches, car designs,

Old 12-27-2018, 01:43 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EckyX View Post
Other drivers generally treat my hybrid very differently than my pickup truck - almost as if its very existence is threatening to them.
I think a lot of this is paranoia on your part most likely.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Some EV/Hybrid drivers seem to think their car somehow makes them special and everyone is thinking about them, when in fact, no one cares, few people even notice what type of propulsion system is in any given vehicles. Most Evs do not stand out other than some of them being abnormally ugly. EV/Hybrid drivers who think like this, need to get over themselves. No one cares. It is just an ordinary car. Those who think EV/Hybrid cars make them special, actually are perpetuating a negative stereotype of EV/Hybrid drivers. No one notices/cars when they are out driving, but when they walk around announcing "I drive an EV/Hybrid" as if that is some sort of major accomplishment or statement, it can make people a bit disgusted and prone to generalize about EV/Hybrid drivers in general (hence the nickname "smugmobile" for Prius).

If you are intimidated by pick up trucks, the problem is you not them (there are of course some rare exceptions amont some young kids or immature adults who feel it is necessary to roll coal in a diesel to try to annoy a prius driver, but they are less common than the smug ev/prius drivers who thin they are special. Neither one is common enough to justify a generalization.)

Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Some EV/Hybrid drivers seem to think their car somehow makes them special and everyone is thinking about them, when in fact, no one cares, few people even notice what type of propulsion system is in any given vehicles. Most Evs do not stand out other than some of them being abnormally ugly. EV/Hybrid drivers who think like this, need to get over themselves. No one cares. It is just an ordinary car. Those who think EV/Hybrid cars make them special, actually are perpetuating a negative stereotype of EV/Hybrid drivers. No one notices/cars when they are out driving, but when they walk around announcing "I drive an EV/Hybrid" as if that is some sort of major accomplishment or statement, it can make people a bit disgusted and prone to generalize about EV/Hybrid drivers in general (hence the nickname "smugmobile" for Prius).

If you are intimidated by pick up trucks, the problem is you not them (there are of course some rare exceptions amont some young kids or immature adults who feel it is necessary to roll coal in a diesel to try to annoy a prius driver, but they are less common than the smug ev/prius drivers who thin they are special. Neither one is common enough to justify a generalization.)
If certain people get intimidated by pickups how in the hell do they handle driving next to a Semi it must scare the poop out of them then. If you can’t handle pickups stay off the roads.

Old 12-27-2018, 08:46 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
You mean the group of polluters robbing our children on clean air and a stable ecosystem.
Yeah you should see what natural resources are used and methods it takes to extract and build to build a electric car battery pack. Let’s not talk about the recycling aspect. Or that the overall cost of a electric car is twice a conventional car. Let’s not forget the cost of the batteries not only monetary but the mining. Some really rare mineral elements are used. Please don’t sit there and try and say that electric cars are better for the environment. Yes the tailpipe emissions are nonexistent. But how exactly do you power your car? How clean is that energy?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:19 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

A major case of projection going on here. Seems like you fit right in with your brothers on the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive