Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:27 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,412,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Highly illegal to do here in MN, though my brother did it when he built his house and was friends with builder.
Yes it is illegal in many parts of the country they don’t want oil and antifreeze or any other fluids being in their sewer system makes for a very explosive situation after time. Remember the movie Christmas vacation and the sewer gas explosion scene when a match was thrown into the sewer system. That’s why you never see floor drains in automotive repair shops. And you’re brother is going to have a real problem if he decides to ever sell his house, it won’t pass inspection and if anything we’re to happen I’m not sure the home owners insurance would cover anything because of the illegal drain. The insurance can say it was fumes from the drain that ignited the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,735,540 times
Quote:
Highly illegal to do here in MN, though my brother did it when he built his house and was friends with builder.
In 2 of my house it is code. You have to have a floor drain in the garage.

When I lived in MN (Linden Hills, MSP) I had a floor drain as well.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:45 AM

6,541 posts, read 7,121,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
In 2 of my house it is code. You have to have a floor drain in the garage.

When I lived in MN (Linden Hills, MSP) I had a floor drain as well.
New build in Linden Hills, or old like most the area? I was in Linden Hills yesterday, I've been through there weekly, just never knew it's name

I don't know the legality of new build, but I know my dad who was one of the top people at the MN pollution control agency pretty told me why you can't or it's very hard to do in new builds. Then again, my brother lives in WI border town.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:53 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,735,540 times
Quote:
New build in Linden Hills, or old like most the area? I was in Linden Hills yesterday, I've been through there weekly, just never knew it's name

I don't know the legality of new build, but I know my dad who was one of the top people at the MN pollution control agency pretty told me why you can't or it's very hard to do in new builds. Then again, my brother lives in WI border town.
Old house, new garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive