Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 05:59 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times

Advertisements

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/brok...ry?id=97389275

The problems listed are already known to those of us who follow automotive news. But for the average consumer it’s an unexpected nightmare. If they have charging available at home and reside in an area with ample charging available then most of these issues won’t be a problem. But even with high speed charging available some issues include charging stations broken, vandalized, or occupied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 06:09 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,661,029 times
Have a Tesla now. Getting rid of it in less than two months. Worst car I’ve ever had. Takes forever to charge, range has been depleted by more than 10% in less than two years, not enough charging stations, I could go on and on. EVs are stupid and not the future. So ready to get back to a gas car here soon.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:16 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
Thankfully I’ve encountered none of these issues, literally not a single time. The closest I ever came to even having to wait was when I had to kick an ICE-hole out of a charging spot in CT about 3 months ago.

The more these types of articles slow down the transition the better. Let Joe Biden stress over low numbers. For me, it’s a boon! I’m driving my Tesla back to Florida in April, that’s how easy and convenient it is. The Outback is staying home.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-26-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Have a Tesla now. Getting rid of it in less than two months. Worst car I’ve ever had. Takes forever to charge, range has been depleted by more than 10% in less than two years, not enough charging stations, I could go on and on. EVs are stupid and not the future. So ready to get back to a gas car here soon.
I couldn’t imagine going back to weekly gas station visits, regular oil changes, and that lag between pushing the pedal and acceleration. If you’re switching back, you probably never should have bought one to begin with. Poor planning.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-26-2023, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thankfully I’ve encountered none of these issues, literally not a single time. The closest I ever came to even having to wait was when I had to kick an ICE-hole out of a charging spot in CT about 3 months ago.

The more these types of articles slow down the transition the better. Let Joe Biden stress over low numbers. For me, it’s a boon! I’m driving my Tesla back to Florida in April, that’s how easy and convenient it is. The Outback is staying home.
These types of articles are also helpful to point out issues that need to be addressed as more people switch to EVs.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:36 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,661,029 times
Quote:
I couldn’t imagine going back to weekly gas station visits, regular oil changes, and that lag between pushing the pedal and acceleration. If you’re switching back, you probably never should have bought one to begin with. Poor planning.
Can’t wait to get back to all of those things. Filling up at a station in less than 5 minutes and getting back on the road. No longer having to sit for 30-50 minutes to charge and constantly worrying if I can make it to the next charging station. Having the sound of the engine and the feel of driving something mechanical can’t be beat. EVs are beyond impractical and hopefully will never be more than they are now, status symbols for those thinking they are helping the environment when in reality they are causing more damage. Counting the days now.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Because of where I live, what I drive, and how far I drive I visit the gas station once every 3 weeks. Wife goes more than a month. Locally there are charging stations located in shopping centers. Sadly some people park to charge and then spend an hour or two shopping and dinning leaving the station occupied. Another issue is the tweakers stealing the charging cables for the metal.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
These types of articles are also helpful to point out issues that need to be addressed as more people switch to EVs.
I only see these issues in the articles, usually, like this one, based on people who didn’t do proper research before buying.

The article starts off with a perfect example. They leased the car, THEN explored the charging even though they already knew the route the car was needed for. Oops, poor charging on that route. These people made a poor decision. That’s all their example proves.

Same with the poster above. I’d love to hear specifics for his situation. I guarantee its similar. Probably never should have bought the car to begin with but now that he made such a poor decision without proper planning, it’s the technology’s fault.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Can’t wait to get back to all of those things. Filling up at a station in less than 5 minutes and getting back on the road. No longer having to sit for 30-50 minutes to charge and constantly worrying if I can make it to the next charging station. Having the sound of the engine and the feel of driving something mechanical can’t be beat. EVs are beyond impractical and hopefully will never be more than they are now, status symbols for those thinking they are helping the environment when in reality they are causing more damage. Counting the days now.
I couldn’t care less about the environment. How do you explain me when I tell you unequivocally that even though I drive far more than the average American it’s been nothing but convenient?

If something as fickle as sound matters to you, why did you buy one to begin with? You made a poor decision for your situation and desires, now you want to blame it on the technology when these factors were easy to research beforehand.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Because of where I live, what I drive, and how far I drive I visit the gas station once every 3 weeks. Wife goes more than a month. Locally there are charging stations located in shopping centers. Sadly some people park to charge and then spend an hour or two shopping and dinning leaving the station occupied. Another issue is the tweakers stealing the charging cables for the metal.
If you barely drive, the benefits of EV will never be realized. You know I and others have said this many times over.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive