Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times

Advertisements

Just like I would never eat at a restaurant that gave me food poisoning, even if the health department later gave them a thumbs up, or rehire an employee that stole from me, even if he did jail time for the crime, I would not go back to car companies that have made bad cars for so long, and treated their customers so shabbily.

I think 40 years of shafting customers is excessive. There's an old saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I am ashamed to admit that I was fooled into buying Detroit crap WAY more than twice. I guarantee it will never happen again!

The Japanese makes I have owned have given me GREAT service with minimal problems. The few problems I've had were taken care of without an argument, and done right. Asian makes are not only the best vehicles, they are the best value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I had the same problems with Chrysler, jksa09! My brand new 1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX gave trouble LITERALLY from day one. The dealers and zone representatives continuously blew me off.
That is a well known POS vehicle with nothing but garbage in it's family tree. At the time of your purchase didn't you ever consider that it may carry that traits of the vehicle that preceded it? It's amazing that line of junk lasted as long as it did. What is also surprising is the number of people that willingly purchase something with a terrible track record.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
That is a well known POS vehicle with nothing but garbage in it's family tree. At the time of your purchase didn't you ever consider that it may carry that traits of the vehicle that preceded it? It's amazing that line of junk lasted as long as it did. What is also surprising is the number of people that willingly purchase something with a terrible track record.
Kinda like GM...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Kinda like GM...
Or modern Toyotas.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:51 AM

415 posts, read 1,779,443 times
GM is not interested in making cars. They make trucks, and those have been a cash cow for a long time.

The Corvette is an icon of the industry, but really, it's the same thing every version: a big V8 in a sleek exterior with cheap parts everywhere else.

They've been resting on their laurels for a long time, and their sedans are completely forgettable.

As long as middle America keeps buying two and a half ton trucks which get 9 miles to the gallon in the city, GM will keep building 'em. Trucks are still incredibly popular, as Americans insist that bigger is better. We always have, and always will, right up until the bitter end.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM

874 posts, read 2,875,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
GM is not interested in making cars. They make trucks, and those have been a cash cow for a long time.
The Corvette is an icon of the industry, but really, it's the same thing every version: a big V8 in a sleek exterior with cheap parts everywhere else.
They've been resting on their laurels for a long time, and their sedans are completely forgettable.
As long as middle America keeps buying two and a half ton trucks which get 9 miles to the gallon in the city, GM will keep building 'em. Trucks are still incredibly popular, as Americans insist that bigger is better. We always have, and always will, right up until the bitter end.
Gm makes more money on their trucks than other vehicles but as has been proven, that is not enough to keep the company afloat. The majority of people with the large trucks (GM 2500, 3500, Ford F-250, F-350, and the Dodge equivalents) buy them for a purpose not due to the fact that they are bigger. The majority of people who buy them have a need for them whether it be for towing, work or some sort of hobby that has them hauling heavy stuff. The way I see it, the middle America you are referring to is more interested in the flashier and more expensive more than bigger is better with pick up trucks.

As an example, I own a 2001 Ford Excursion with a turbo diesel. I did not buy this because bigger is better, I bought it due to the fact that I have a large family (wife and four children) and on top of driving us all around comfortably it satisfies my towing needs. I do a lot of side work on vehicles and often tow non running vehicles with a 2,500 pound equipment trailer. I would be able to do this with a gasoline version pick up truck but doing this with a light duty truck (F-150, 1500) would be pushing the towing limits as well as burning too much fuel for me. I would also need a second vehicle for driving the family around.

I know there are probably some people who buy larger pick up trucks than they need to but I personally know a lot of people with pick up trucks and all of them use them for a purpose not just to drive around in something big. On top of this, is it really anyone's business if someone can afford and decides to buy an F-350 King Ranch and never does put anything in the bed or tows with it? I do not believe it is.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 PM

4 posts, read 4,534 times
I am a Dodge guy, but in my opinion if Dodge didn't exist, I would buy a GMC sierra 3500HD. Ford was nice back in 1908 when he created the first automobile, but now adays it's stands for Found On Road Dead ford trucks are for rednecks, and rednecks only, and stupid ford owners started that stupid ball sack on a truck. That was so stupid. But out of all makes I say go with the Dodge Dakota with a 7L Hemi

Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Dakota is the best View Post
I am a Dodge guy, but in my opinion if Dodge didn't exist, I would buy a GMC sierra 3500HD. Ford was nice back in 1908 when he created the first automobile, but now adays it's stands for Found On Road Dead ford trucks are for rednecks, and rednecks only, and stupid ford owners started that stupid ball sack on a truck. That was so stupid. But out of all makes I say go with the Dodge Dakota with a 7L Hemi

That being said Ford has probably THE best stock chassis setups. They are a great balance between comfort, strength and durability.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Dakota is the best View Post
wow so you know nothing about cars or trucks
and BTW the dodge dakota never has come with a HEMI V-8 EVER!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
The perfect truck? Ford chassis, (and we'll say a few years old style cab, bed, etc, the new style fronts are TOO UGLY to be seen in!) The Cummins engine form the Dodge, with the GM version Allison trans for people who won't row the gears theirself. Of course I really like the style of the new Dodges, so lets put that bod on the ford chassis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive