Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,003 times

Advertisements

I was married to a pilot. They don't have a very good track record and they have very bad reputations for dating but this guy may not fit the mold. You never know, as in men in other professions give him a try but watch for red flags. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Besides, remember our conversation? lol, you said "give him a chance"
What am I supposed to say...? Don't do it! And then you'd say: Yes, Mommy!

I mean, I haven't even seen the guy, but it's no secret on this forum how I feel about the military in general...

As far as pilots, I had a brief fling with one back home. It's a good thing it wasn't anything serious because he was doing really dangerous and illegal stuff (flying over embargo zones where they weren't supposed to fly). He was leading a frantic and very stressful life - not worth it for any money really... Other than that he was a cool guy, but he was trying to catch big fish in muddy waters and he did get killed on one of those "missions." Come to think of it, a friend of mine was involved with a regular commercial pilot. He was an as@.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What am I supposed to say...? Don't do it! And then you'd say: Yes, Mommy!

I mean, I haven't even seen the guy, but it's no secret on this forum how I feel about the military in general...

As far as pilots, I had a brief fling with one back home. It's a good thing it wasn't anything serious because he was doing really dangerous and illegal stuff (flying over embargo zones where they weren't supposed to fly). He was leading a frantic and very stressful life - not worth it for any money really... Other than that he was a cool guy, but he was trying to catch big fish in muddy waters and he did get killed on one of those "missions." Come to think of it, a friend of mine was involved with a regular commercial pilot. He was an as@.
lol, I only knew him for 2 weeks at the time, I would have at least heard what you said. Hopefully we can get you to meet him one day! but the stories I've heard as well as experienced are nowhere near what I've heard about pilots .

Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
lol, I only knew him for 2 weeks at the time, I would have at least heard what you said.
Nah... I do what my Mom used to do - she never interfered with any of my major decisions in life. Having nobody to blame sucks!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:01 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
I am careful though, extremely so..and they go for me (although you'd think I was wearing a sign that says to them "come get me") and yes I'm aware of all the stats. Civilian men (here in Tucson anyways) don't like me as I've tried to date them and it never goes anywhere or they just want one thing, I've accepted that. If that ever changed, I'd be very very glad. It would probably only change if I moved though, haha oh well. I wouldn't not give a pilot a chance either, but I'd tread very very carefully. I've heard even worse things about them than the guys around here in the military. Besides, remember our conversation? lol, you said "give him a chance" and so far so good.
THAT....has got to be one of the SILLIEST things I've ever read here. And I've read some damn silly stuff.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
THAT....has got to be one of the SILLIEST things I've ever read here. And I've read some damn silly stuff.
Some people try to make excuses for their choices and preferences.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times
I like to keep my man near. So pilot, stewardess (or whatever the PC term is), military man, or anyone who has to be gone a lot just will not do... at least it cannot start out like that

Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
I dated a pilot once. Yup, these guys have no interest in monogamy and are quite conceited.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
There are jokes about ladies experiences with pilots. Something along the lines of they have a big watch a tiny prick, and love to talk about themselves.

And how to tell your date is half way over... When the switch from talking about themselves to talking about flying.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Never dated a pilot, but I know a few. And while there are exceptions to every rule, in general, they are an arrogant bunch. They also seem to be prone to infidelity due to how easy is for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation