Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times

Advertisements

The plane is in Xinjiang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 01:37 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Maybe I missed this earlier, but I saw on the news just now that the big turn the plane took was actually pre programmed in to the flight computer.

Course, anymore, I'm taking everything I hear about this with a grain of salt, since no one knows what's going on, and you can get an entirely different story on just about every single news outlet.

The media doesn't know what's going on, and we sure don't. If I'm this annoyed, I can't even imagine how the families feel. They've probably gone through every single emotion, several times a day, for over a week now. If anyone does know what happened, they really suck to do this to these people by not telling them anything at all.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
The transponder had been shut down BEFORE the pilot said, "all right, good night". Malaysia Airlines MH370: investigators examine “9/11-style plot.”

Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yeah, the flight is currently late in arriving to Beijing.

At least that is what FlightAware.com reports.

Malaysian Airlines System (MH) #370
Quote:
Hmmm...

FlightAware.com is rather accurate about MH370, but not so much concerning United Flight 93.

Quote:
Newark Liberty Intl (KEWR)

San Francisco Intl (KSFO)

08:43AM EDT
11:17AM PDT

Duration: 5 hours 34 minutes
Tuesday, September 11, 2001
StatusLanded 12 years ago. (track log & graph)
United (UA) #93

It did "land", kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Are you being purposefully sarcastic, or are you skeptical about UA 93's whereabouts?
Quote:
Neither.

Harrier is simply noting that FlightAware.com seems to think that Flight 93 landed 12 years ago.
No they don't. This was highlighted, right across that same page that you copied and pasted above.

Tracking data for this flight is incomplete and potentially inaccurate.

And the Malaysian flight is highlighted too. It clearly states Status - result unknown.

Why would you post partial and misleading information?

Last edited by ForLoveOnly; 03-17-2014 at 03:49 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 05:10 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Background checks of passengers on Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 have drawn a blank, but not every country whose nationals were on board has responded to requests for information, police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told a news conference on Sunday.

Police hunt for motive as search for jet goes on | Top News

Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
With the intensity of those agencies reporting the news stating no country have any credible information of the plane showing up on their radar along the northern coast theory.......I guess we will see the search turn into the endless amount of ocean of the southern route theory.

Years ago this search would have faded away....but todays technology will keep this fire lit. We have the means to cap a spilling oil rig thousands of feet below the surface........nothing is impossible if the plane is found, and this will drag this out until it is.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What about Bangladesh and Nepal? It's only like 50 km of India between the 2 borders.
Too densely populated for a landing to go undetected.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:32 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
With the intensity of those agencies reporting the news stating no country have any credible information of the plane showing up on their radar along the northern coast theory.......I guess we will see the search turn into the endless amount of ocean of the southern route theory.

Years ago this search would have faded away....but todays technology will keep this fire lit. We have the means to cap a spilling oil rig thousands of feet below the surface........nothing is impossible if the plane is found, and this will drag this out until it is.
If my family or friends were on this flight, I would want the search to continue. Would sure be nice to have a miracle here and find all the passengers alive in some remote jungle; all these people wanted was to arrive at their destination safely. They can bring someone home from the space station; but can't fly over the ocean without getting lost?

My heart and prayers are for the passengers and the people waiting for their loved ones.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
He was not bomber.
Start thinking instead of just arguing for the sake of seeing your comments in print.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
They were not attacking civilians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation