Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:56 PM

10,127 posts, read 15,005,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'd rather vacation in Detroit than in Cuba.
Detroit

VS

Camagüey, Cuba

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 03:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,614,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Detroit

VS

Camagüey, Cuba

As I said, I'd rather vacation in Detroit than in Cuba. I don't like Communists, torture of dissidents, secret police, or the other trappings of a totalitarian state. One other point: Detroit residents can vote and can carry guns. That's not true of Cuba.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:10 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,331,444 times
Those are hand picked pics...not representative at all, of course. There are luxurious areas in Detroit and most of Cuba looks like the cities in the series 100.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
For just over 66 years. Why don't you actually answer a question? I have actually stayed at worse places in both Canada and the States. It was clean. Why the hate for everything? Oops forgot you are just here to puss on everything and not to have a real conversation.

So you stayed at worse places in Canada...so now I know,

Old 03-18-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You seem to know a lot about Canadian travellers to Cuba. I just find it odd that you actually know all these hotel names in Havana, how they are and you are 'observing' Canadian traveller habits in Cuba. Are you a spy or something - like get a life! Who cares if some Canadians are budget travellers looking for a 600 CAD dollar flight/hotel transfer/breakfast and accommodation all included holiday? They are going there to get wasted, probably skew on the older side and looking for a little something on the side - like a Cuban gf for a week. I don't condone yet at the same time don't judge. Its their business. God knows, there's enough Europeans and even Americans doing the same thing - don't be naïve!

Most Canadians who go to Cuba aren't going to Hotel Vedado or Deuville (whatever that is) or even going to Havana - they go to Varadero or Holguin simply to get some sun, have a mohito by the beach and not have to worry about the frigid cold for 1 week out of the winter. The resorts in Cuba run the spectrum - budget to moderate 3 star Brisas to 5 star Iberostar, Melia or Royalton (owned by Sunwing) luxury resorts. Give them a break and leave em alone.. You don't like Cuba fine - stay away nobody is forcing you to watch Canadians lurking at Plaza de la Catedral - its totally creepy you are lurking around at what they are lurking around at bwah. Let em buy their fake Cuban Cigars and cheap Rum in peace lol..

Sunwig just managed that resort. Yes, they are a nuisance.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:00 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
So you stayed at worse places in Canada...so now I know,
What do you know? Other than insulting people and places and nothing is up to your standards what do you know? Certainly not on how to answer a question. The worst motel I have ever staid at was in San Diego and yes in the days of my youth I staid in some very poor places, but I was not a snooty snob who thought that I was too go for the place and had no choices. I still prefer a tent to a motel room most of the time.

If you think that there are not worse hotels in every other country that people do stay out you are ignorant. If you think that everyone is born wealthy or even middle class you would be a fool.

For the third time, what does a Canadian look like? You claimed you can spot them in a crowd, either answer directly or it proves you are plainly a dishonest poster. Your choice

Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,895,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Sunwig just managed that resort. Yes, they are a nuisance.
Ok manage Royalton.. What do you mean they are a nuisance

Old 03-18-2017, 07:48 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,486,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
As I said, I'd rather vacation in Detroit than in Cuba. I don't like Communists, torture of dissidents, secret police, or the other trappings of a totalitarian state. One other point: Detroit residents can vote and can carry guns. That's not true of Cuba.
which why we should annex the island immediately. Communists don't know how to make money out that island.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
which why we should annex the island immediately. Communists don't know how to make money out that island.
What are you going to do with all the Spanish speaking people? Also do you think the Cubans should have any choice? Seems a bit American centric: "we can make money off of it so it should be ours: They might want to or not.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,383,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I doubt Detroit is a tourist destination
Perhaps not. But the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn is certainly worth a visit. One of the country's premiere historical museums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation