Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's not what we were talking about. Try to Read for Comprehension now.

lvmench said "The ticket belongs to the father. I have traveled on occasions with groups of six and seven when all the tickets were mine and I even carried them."

afternooncoffee replie "And one certainly cannot purchase a group of tickets and just distribute them to whomever they choose. "I even carried them"...?? Just because Dad physically carries the tickets doesn't mean he can hand them out to just anyone. They have names of specific people on them."

To which you replied "That depends on each airline's policy"

To which I replied "I challenge you to provide one commercial airline policy that does not require a ticket be issued to a specific name or allows a passenger to fly on someone else's ticket."

Nobody ever said there wasn't ever a procedure to change a ticket. The point is clearly (to everyone but you, apparently) that one person cannnot just buy a bunch of tickets and designate on travel day who flies on the tickets. The name on the ticket must match the name of the passenger. And it's TSA controlling, not the airline (so you're wrong again).

It is called TSA Secure Flight.
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening
Secure Flight is a risk-based passenger prescreening program that enhances security by identifying low and high-risk passengers before they arrive at the airport by matching their names against trusted traveler lists and watchlists.

From the FAQ on Southwest.
Secure Flight conducts uniform prescreening of passenger information against federal government watch lists for domestic and international flights. The TSA has taken over this responsibility from aircraft operators.
This has been how it has been since 2001/2 when TSA got far more stringent in light of 9/11. I imagine that the method lvmench mentioned was pre 2001. That said, that is speculation. I hate to speculate because it muddies the facts. This situation with the lack of truth is entirely muddied because only the airline and the father have come forward, not any witnesses to confirm either side like most of the recent airline situations of late has turned into.

My posts have used the overlapped parts of the two sides of the story. FA comes and tells father that he can't use that car seat and he has to lap pass the kid, and at best misrepresented FAA rules and regulations. Then the FA comes by after the father finally relented and bumped them off the flight with no reason given from either side.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:57 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
You sure do have a lot of time on your hands, posting so much pointless and irrelevant nonsense.

Quote:
That's not what we were talking about. Try to Read for Comprehension now.

lvmench said "The ticket belongs to the father. I have traveled on occasions with groups of six and seven when all the tickets were mine and I even carried them."

afternooncoffee replie "And one certainly cannot purchase a group of tickets and just distribute them to whomever they choose. "I even carried them"...?? Just because Dad physically carries the tickets doesn't mean he can hand them out to just anyone. They have names of specific people on them."

To which you replied "That depends on each airline's policy"

To which I replied "I challenge you to provide one commercial airline policy that does not require a ticket be issued to a specific name or allows a passenger to fly on someone else's ticket."

Nobody ever said there wasn't ever a procedure to change a ticket. The point is clearly (to everyone but you, apparently) that one person cannnot just buy a bunch of tickets and designate on travel day who flies on the tickets. The name on the ticket must match the name of the passenger. And it's TSA controlling, not the airline (so you're wrong again).

It is called TSA Secure Flight.
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening
Secure Flight is a risk-based passenger prescreening program that enhances security by identifying low and high-risk passengers before they arrive at the airport by matching their names against trusted traveler lists and watchlists.

From the FAQ on Southwest.
Secure Flight conducts uniform prescreening of passenger information against federal government watch lists for domestic and international flights. The TSA has taken over this responsibility from aircraft operators.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
You sure do have a lot of time on your hands, posting so much pointless and irrelevant nonsense.
You sure do try hard to wiggle out of the fact that you post stuff you don't know what you're talking about and get upset when pointed out you are wrong.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:38 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
You sure do try hard to wiggle out of the fact that you post stuff you don't know what you're talking about and get upset when pointed out you are wrong.
Congrats, you described yourself perfectly. Would you like a cookie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation