Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 06:44 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,012,244 times

Advertisements

You Tube tolerates all sorts of illegal activity, but is very active in terminating content providers, who don't adhere to their "woke" agenda.

I can name, but I won't, at least a half dozen aviation channels, that routinely violate FAR's for entertainment purposes, that have a six digit number of subscribers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 02:58 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It was certainly staged. The camera from the plane above was too convenient.

That was from the go pro or cell phone video he was taking while skydiving.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:39 AM

529 posts, read 492,277 times
Last couple of paragraphs are pretty good:

https://www.independent.com/2022/01/...es-on-purpose/

Old 01-07-2022, 08:08 AM

24,307 posts, read 13,152,190 times
"...the incident would need to be reported to the FAA, but soon after, Jacob and a friend allegedly chartered a helicopter to remove the wreckage from the forest and transport it to an unknown location..." ... Yep, the last couple are very telling.

Removing the wreckage before the NTSB has had a chance to investigate is just another nail in the coffin. Looking more and more like a staged event where he put others at risk for a boatload of clicks and likes. Did he ever consider what would have happened if the aircraft crashed on some hiker or rancher or random person? (Side note/example: In the late 70s an Air Force A-7 crashed near the University of AZ in Tucson. The pilot, Capt Rick Ashler, stayed with it way past the minimum ejection altitude, 2000 feet AGL, and had nearly no time in the parachute, just to be sure he put the aircraft in the least populated area he could find. Even then, a couple people died. I met him in the late 90s, and he talked about the decision process and how little time he had. In the case of Trevor Jacob, he needed more altitude to bail out with a manual 'chute versus an ejection seat, but his diving overboard as soon as the engine "quit" is so suspect... it shows very poor judgment and even weaker airmanship.)

Old 01-07-2022, 09:41 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That was from the go pro or cell phone video he was taking while skydiving.
LOL!! So he was skydiving ABOVE the freefalling plane??? That would be pretty amazing. I don't think you understood what I said. There was footage from another plane camera that was WAY ABOVE the freefalling plane...WAY above it. Did you watch the whole thing?

Old 01-07-2022, 12:04 PM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!! So he was skydiving ABOVE the freefalling plane??? That would be pretty amazing. I don't think you understood what I said. There was footage from another plane camera that was WAY ABOVE the freefalling plane...WAY above it. Did you watch the whole thing?

I've watched it four times. I believe the part you mean is around 4:58, 5:04.

I assume that's from his selfie stick.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:41 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've watched it four times. I believe the part you mean is around 4:58, 5:04.

I assume that's from his selfie stick.
That footage is too far above the plane, and way too smooth.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:31 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't know anything about this aircraft, so pardon my ignorance. After he jumps out the plane, it seems to fly itself in a sustainable rate of descent and follows a wide circular path until it crashes. Is this a natural characteristic of the plane? Does the plane come with trim tabs in both pitch and yaw, and does the plane's path indicate these may have been set by the pilot before he jumped out?

I guess what I'm saying for a "crash" the orderly descent almost seems to suggest there was pre-planning involved to get it to land in the location and manner it did. Or am I off-base here?
Small planes come with pitch trim. Some small planes and all large planes also have roll (aileron) and yaw (rudder) trim. Most small planes have a small trim tab on the aileron and rudder that can be manually adjusted (bent) on the ground by hand. Done by trial and error over successive flights.

But all planes (few rare exceptions) are built with natural stability. In other words, as long as the plane is trimmed, when the pilot lets go of the controls, it will pretty much fly on its own. It may develop a slight bank, but unlikely very steep. This stability is created by the following methods: 1. the wings being angled up slightly from where they attach to the plane out toward the wing tips, called "dihedral", 2. high winged as opposed to low winged, and/or swept wing as opposed to straight wing.

Last edited by Retroit; 01-10-2022 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 01-10-2022, 07:21 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Thanks Retroit for the explanation.

Breaking news... he does it again, this time in a Cessna 172!

Old 01-10-2022, 08:39 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,012,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Thanks Retroit for the explanation.

Breaking news... he does it again, this time in a Cessna 172!

MSFS has come a long way with graphics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation