Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,171 times

Advertisements

Longest line I've ever been in to vote last night, 50 people deep, was very happy to see that.

I'm glad Hogan won; Brown ran a poor campaign and MD has been D dominated for too long. Hogan will have to work with a Dem State House, so MD isn't turning totally red anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 08:13 AM

934 posts, read 1,062,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
Longest line I've ever been in to vote last night, 50 people deep, was very happy to see that.
Wow, really? That makes me feel better because there was next to no one there when I went and I was definitely the only one under retirement age there. Waltzed right up to the front. You wouldn't even know it was election day.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:33 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Wow, really? That makes me feel better because there was next to no one there when I went and I was definitely the only one under retirement age there. Waltzed right up to the front. You wouldn't even know it was election day.
We had some older folks in line, but most appeared to be from early 30s thru 40s (my demographic). I knwo one of the election judges, so I asked and he said turnout was steady all day.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 AM

934 posts, read 1,062,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
We had some older folks in line, but most appeared to be from early 30s thru 40s (my demographic). I knwo one of the election judges, so I asked and he said turnout was steady all day.
That's good to hear. I also went in the middle of the day. I know it's more crowded before and after work, but I knew I wasn't getting home until after polls closed, so I had to go during my lunch break instead, so it's not surprising that the only other people there were people that don't have to go to work.

I bet there's also variation between polling places too.

Does anyone know if the turnout nationally was above or below average for mid-term elections?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:42 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
Quote:
I'm more depressed that 13% of people under 30 voted nationwide than I am about the actual results of the election.

My generation is an embarrassment.
Being from that same generation, it truly is sad. As I always tell people that complain about the government, "if you don't vote you get the government you deserve!"

Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
I'm more depressed that 13% of people under 30 voted nationwide than I am about the actual results of the election.

My generation is an embarrassment.
Smh I feel your disappointment.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Maybe we can conceal carry around Baltimore now!

Old 11-05-2014, 01:50 PM

389 posts, read 427,159 times
When I voted in the early afternoon yesterday, there were like 5 people in line in front of me. I voted for Shawn Quinn (a third party candidate) because I don't like Brown or Hogan.

After this year's election, I'm changing my party affiliation from Democrat to Independent.

I might not be able to vote in anymore of Md's primaries but I'm fed up with both Democrats and Republicans.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:38 PM

777 posts, read 881,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Oh S*&^^t Larry Hogan won!!! LOL! A real white man beat that Obama, mulatto wannabe! Hahahahahahah!

Political theater at it's finest! Maryland is truly conservative at it's core!

I know quite a few Black people who expressed to me they were voting for Mr. Larry Hogan.
A mulatto wannabe?
Wasn't he born that way?

The 2014 elections in Maryland
bring to the fore the Confederate
underbelly that still makes Maryland
a Southern state despite Mid-Atlantic
affiliations. The subtle voter mandate
involves keeping a black face out of the
top place. White supremacy is alive and
well at the polls in Maryland and the black
lackeys that voted for Hogan need to outstretch
palms wide enough to catch the crumbs that MIGHT fall from his table.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:44 PM

226 posts, read 363,991 times
Im from the same generation and i didnt vote and im not ashamed at all. Most people my age didnt vote because there was no one to vote for. And probably never will be. I personally have never seen any of them do anything other then rape folks for tax money. Even the most uninformed voters know the elections are already paid for and even if a good guy did win they would buy him or blackmail him too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: