Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkeptsecretinbmore View Post
OK,so we treat visitors well. We just treat each other like crap. Can anyone honestly say you live in Baltimore by choice? I can't say it. I'm stuck here like everyone else and once you realize that, maybe you won't be so quick scream out the window at and flip the bird to the guy who just accidently cut you off in traffic.We're all stuck here together and if you find a way to get out, you will be stepped on by people who haven't.

I honestly moved to the area by choice and I also chose to live in the city. I don't feel stuck here and I try not to treat others like crap. I can think of plenty of other places that I would not want to live and a few that I would prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 AM

15 posts, read 19,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I honestly moved to the area by choice and I also chose to live in the city. I don't feel stuck here and I try not to treat others like crap. I can think of plenty of other places that I would not want to live and a few that I would prefer.
That's the point. Living here,works for some people,good job,business,family or some other reason that keeps you from leaving. Unless you're willing to give that up,you are stuck here. If you could find a way to actually be living where you'd prefer to live,you would be gone. Everybody would. People aren't flocking to Baltimore.If I wasn't stuck here I'd move to Memphis. I've been there and Beale Street looked like home to me.Blues is in my blood.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,901,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkeptsecretinbmore View Post
That's the point. Living here,works for some people,good job,business,family or some other reason that keeps you from leaving. Unless you're willing to give that up,you are stuck here.
I think that statement can be said for every town on the planet.

I love Baltimore nowhere I'd rather be, and I could go anywhere I want!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 PM

15 posts, read 19,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
I think that statement can be said for every town on the planet.

I love Baltimore nowhere I'd rather be, and I could go anywhere I want!
I used to live in Wilmington NC in a lake front house ten minutes to the ocean. I commuted back and forth from here to there because I kept my job at Bethlehem steel.It's the only way I could afford it and I wanted my kids to be in that slower southern environment. Every time i had 2 days off I was gone and i smiled all the way there. A trip that took 7 hrs one way.. Coming back here to go to work was tough.I did that for eight years.I used to put 50k miles a year on my cars during that time.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,217 times
JHU
Old Bay
Cal Ripken

Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,293 times
Unless I missed it...but no one here has said the most famous thing Baltimore is famous for.

Stoop Sittin'! Who in the city doesn't sit out on the front steps listenin' to dem O's on the radio.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29BudFan View Post
Unless I missed it...but no one here has said the most famous thing Baltimore is famous for.

Stoop Sittin'! Who in the city doesn't sit out on the front steps listenin' to dem O's on the radio.
Nobody. Good way to get shot by a stray bullet.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 PM

226 posts, read 413,924 times
Old Bay?

Seriously though, I'd say Baltimore is famous for being "smalltimore". I'm actually a DC transplant and love DC to death, but the laid back local feel of the Baltimore bar scene is really nice. The friendliness in almost every pub I've stumbled into is noticeable compared to every other city I've partied in. (DC, Cali, NY, etc)

Old 02-21-2012, 06:56 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Old Bay?

Seriously though, I'd say Baltimore is famous for being "smalltimore". I'm actually a DC transplant and love DC to death, but the laid back local feel of the Baltimore bar scene is really nice. The friendliness in almost every pub I've stumbled into is noticeable compared to every other city I've partied in. (DC, Cali, NY, etc)
We do have great watering holes here, that's for sure.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Old Bay?

Old Bay Seasoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also like the more local feel there too and I live in the DC area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore