Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM

15 posts, read 19,646 times

Advertisements

I think it's strange that no one mentioned the coolest thing about living in Baltimore. What about the world famous CHESAPEAKE BAY? Dejavu! 12 yr. old recording.This is a piece of Baltimore music and radio history but it's being denied by the media. Do any of you remember hearing this song as I sang it on Rouse and company in 2001?It aired for an entire week during the 630 morning rush hr. I sang it again on the show in 2002
FISHIN SONG STEVE ROUSE - 98 Rock Baltimore Audio track - 98 Rock Baltimore
Since then I went to LA and recorded a commercial version because I didn't want it to be LOCAL. The musicians I have on this song have played music with BB King, SRV, and Mick Jagger. They are living legends on the LA music scene. I thought the song deserved that. Now that it's finished our current media refuses to mention it. The artist,song and unique Hollywood story has been pretty much blacklisted by the media and is kept from the people it was written and recorded for Unless of course I PAY THEM. Sorry but I already have a 3 minute 46 second Steve Rouse commercial which I got for free. They can't beat what I already have and I'll never pay them for advertising.I think all of this should fall under HOMETOWN NEWS. The story behind the song would make a great movie and could put Baltimore on the BIG entertainment map. FISHIN ON THE CHESAPEAKE BAY - 98 Rock Baltimore Audio track - 98 Rock Baltimore links not working so just google eddie crowe. Any links to music is me. enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:31 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,901,291 times
To say we shouldn't be able to celebrate Babe Ruth is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. The guy grew up here, spent every day of his upbringing here, he went to HS at what became Cardinal Gibbons. Easily the greatest Baseball player in history IMO.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
HammerJacks!!!!!.......oops gone.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM

866 posts, read 2,628,842 times
I don't get the Natty Boh fascination, either. That whole thing with the Natty Boh guy and the Utz girl getting married? National Bohemian is brewed in North Carolina, and Utz is up in Pennsylvania now.

Why not Resurrection Ale from Brewers Art? It's brewed in Baltimore, and it tastes great.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times

Bobby Bare "Streets of Baltimore " Country Music Zurich - YouTube

Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 PM

Hmmm Either this is a really old song,or this guy has never walked the streets of Baltimore,or he carries a concealed weapon,or plain has a death wish. Either way. Never tell people around here your girlfriend walks the streets of Baltimore. He better hope she don't find out he said that and go upside his head. Other than that It's good but I don't think it would stick here. Something else.. The blues,and apparently all American musicians are treated like Kings over seas if you happen to be lucky enough to be invited over there to perform. They treated my mentor Walter Rhodes like a king both times when he went to Holland. About ten years ago I was singing at a blues jam at the full moon saloon in fells point.Later I met 2 Russian guys that heard it and asked me why I was there. I said, I love jammin,playing drums,screaming the blues.I can't get enough of it. I practically live here. He said, no,I mean you don't belong here. In my country, you sing the blues like that and you make 50 thousand 60 thousand and you are here doing this for free? I had 2 live homemade cds with 78 minutes of my blues band sitting on the bar and they bought both of them. I had intended to give them to a couple of friends, but they asked and i sold them for 20 bucks. More beer for me. lol I do believe they were gangsters but they sure had an appreciation for the blues and stayed all night for the jam. Link to Walter Rhodes Bio. Contains vintage recordings of his work.Turn on your speakers.WHO KILLED THE BLUES STAR? - 98 Rock Baltimore Blog post - 98 Rock Baltimore He was Wilson Picketts band leader for four years, during the midnight hour tour and played with many legends.He was killed 21 years ago and died suspiciously.It was called an accident but someone got away with murder all this time

Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 PM

44 posts, read 85,699 times
Blues doesn't get anywhere near the respect it deserves right here in the nation where it was born. Sad, that.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Default Natty Boh is headache beer. Subliminal label is yer clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I don't get the Natty Boh fascination, either. That whole thing with the Natty Boh guy and the Utz girl getting married? National Bohemian is brewed in North Carolina, and Utz is up in Pennsylvania now.

Why not Resurrection Ale from Brewers Art? It's brewed in Baltimore, and it tastes great.

Drink Natty boh and you'll have a headache that'll make you only want to open one eye. Just like Natty himself. When people see you looking like that,they'll know why.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Default Blues is a tough road to go down. BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutsideIn View Post
Blues doesn't get anywhere near the respect it deserves right here in the nation where it was born. Sad, that.
I'll quote BB King as he said during his Baltimore show last year. I wouldn't lie, google it. Being a black blues musician,is like being black twice. He also mentioned his memory of his first Baltimore show where he was booed because the mostly younger audience wanted to hear the main acts. I don't recall who he said was on the show. It could have been Sam Cooke but the blues at that time, for that age group,was more their parents music and this is his memory of the worst he ever felt performing. That must have been really tough to have to perform for people that want you off the stage and are vocal about it. The first time that ever happened to him was here.Ask BB Baltimore is a tough room even for him. So be it. No one ever said being a blues man was easy. Ringo understood this and wrote a song about it. I'm a picture of Ringo's song. It don't come easy.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM

44 posts, read 85,699 times
I think I've actually heard that quote from BB. I have friends who are local blues musicians in Cleveland, and they say the same thing you do. Honestly, I don't know what it is with people in this country; we spawn some really great art forms and then we just kind of leave them in the ditch while we move on to the Next Big Thing that usually isn't worth squat.

And people in other countries think we're absolutely insane to do that. They may be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore