Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 01:01 PM

24 posts, read 31,344 times

Advertisements

We are moving from our Woodbrry neighborhood rental. Have a bit of time to find, but not too much. Are we asking for the impossible? Don't answer that. Tell me, please, what you think are some good options and areas for our next rental. Also, if something has to give with the following criteria, which should we give up on, in order to get the rest?

Looking for a quality 2 bed room, small dog-friendly rental for around $1000. Have I lost you yet?

Here's some more -

for me - easy public transport to/from work during the week in Baltimore's inner harbor area - I am open to light rail, marc, commuter bus, city bus, subway --just trying for not too many connections

for others - hardwood floors, 900 square ft. or more , not too many stairs, can't feel like we are living in the middle of a stressful city, some flora, some fauna, safe to walk the dog at night, safe feeling for a woman

open to keeping the dog inside, and just as open to keeping the insects and vermin outside --> or completely out of site

a place where smoke would not get in our eyes

Thoughts? yes, we are paying more now, but our son goes off to school soon, so that will be where the rest of our money goes. any county with public transport into baltimore just might do.

Last edited by bowie101; 05-05-2018 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 02:34 PM

"Also, if something has to give with the following criteria, which should we give up on, in order to get the rest?"

Besides the rental price. Too easy to say the rental price. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:17 PM

ok, how about for $1200?
Where am I going wrong, people?

Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,949 times
There aren't going to be many good places with 2 bedroom's for $1200.

I see myself leaving the area all together eventually. It's just to expensive.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:50 AM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger 68 View Post
there aren't going to be many good places with 2 bedroom's for $1200.

I see myself leaving the area all together eventually. It's just to expensive.
why is everything in baltimore so expensive ?

Old 05-26-2018, 11:26 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,949 times
Got to Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, or Boston. Baltimore is the cheapest.
What large metro is cheap anymore? Unless certain areas in the deep south.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:58 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
I would look in the upper park heights area. You can find rentals for your price range and two bedrooms. Plus you get free shromim security.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:27 PM

537 posts, read 769,261 times
I'm apartment hunting in the city and yes, your criteria are too much. Mostly the price is the factor.

I have seen 500 sq ft 1 bd apartments for 1300 dollars. Raise your price significantly for a two bedroom apartment within the city.

There is a place in Mt. Washington with huge 2 bedrooms, but when I lived there they had some problems: Mt. Washington Apartments. Looks like it starts at 1119 for a 2 bedroom though. My apartment at the time had hardwood floors. There's lots of greenspace and it is actually a really peaceful area (Cheswolde/Mt. Washington) to me. I worked nights sometimes so it was definitely safe walking around at night. Maybe you should check it out. Your public transport options are listed below.

FYI: this is not an ad...not by a long shot. I left because they tried to say I didn't pay my pet fee (I did and had receipts) and also due to how long it took them to deal with the mice (they pushed it to the max 30 days the city allowed, but they did end up pesticide bombing the building to get rid of them all thank god). I vowed never to live there again mostly because the leasing manager at the time effed up with my pet fee records, but there was otherwise a lot to like out there. Maybe management has improved since I left.

You could also try Owings Mills or Pikesville I guess, and take the subway or light rail down from Old Court Road or the end of the line at Owings Mills (light rail would be Smith Ave in Mt Washington or the station over by Lee Park in Mt. Washington) but the subway would drop you at like E. Baltimore and President Streets; the light rail would probably get you closer to the Inner Harbor. A walk down Pratt from Camden Yards I think. You may be able to get a 2 bedroom for that in Owings Mills, Pikesville could be stretching it.

TL;DR
: try Mt. Washington in the city, Owings Mills and Pikesville in Baltimore County and prepare have a long subway or light rail ride and some walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore