Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 07:14 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,931 times

Advertisements

Here is an interesting fact I've gathered from the web:

"In 2015’s regular season, the Blue Jays won 38 times and lost 14 when the dome was open. When it was closed, they won 11 and lost 14."

So does an open dome really make any difference? Would playing with a closed dome somehow negatively impact the performance of the Jays? Remember, this info is for regular season, not post season.

Weather is different, temperature dropping throughout the period, which may or may not be a factor here. However, body temperature does affect certain function of the body especially on muscles. I'm unable to make any definitive conclusion. Just something to ponder upon.

What I'm trying to say is that it may actually be a good thing to have the dome closed in post season. I'm still not convinced the outcome of the first two games had anything to do with the closed dome at all. It was something else. It had a lot more to do with pressure than anything else.

At any rate, the dome will most likely be closed judging by the weather forecast. MLB won't allow an open dome just in case which is understandable. It takes quite a long period to have it closed back. Can't blame them for closing it. Just hope that the Jays won't take it as some kind of jinx.

We will win, rain or shine, open or closed dome. Go Jays Go!!!

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 10-14-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 04:31 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
anyone watching the BJ game.....they may lose game 5 over the most unusual play........

Old 10-14-2015, 04:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
wow.....BJ game is really odd......3 straight errors by the Rangers after that most unusual play giving them the lead.....seems like the Jays are getting some sort of poetic justice if they score some runs here.....wild 7th inning.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:02 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
This inning has been going on for an hour now...they don't get any stranger than this. Rangers score on a play I've never seen before then go out and choke four runs away to Toronto.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:44 PM

Congratulations to the Blue Jays and their fans. Good luck against KC/Houston.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:52 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Damn that was one of the most craziest games I've ever seen! Have the Rangers take the lead on one of the strangest plays ever and then make so many errors in the bottom half of the inning and have Joey Bats crush a massive homer for the win!

Let's hope they can keep it going. I don't want this ride to end.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:02 PM

The last time a team did more than the Rangers to help their opposition in a post season game, it had Joe Jackson and Eddie Cicotte on the roster.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:14 PM

757 posts, read 1,024,931 times
WE WON!!! YEEEAH!!!!

I knew the Jays would prevail no matter what. 6-3 win is simply incredible! Three games in a roll. what more can we ask for? We beat the odd coming back from 2-0 and won. That's my Jays.

GO JAYS GO! GO JAYS GO! GO JAYS GO!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:04 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
This game was WILD! I never imagined Canadians could be so intense when it comes to sports

Old 10-14-2015, 07:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
The first game I can recall watching on our old B&W TV's flickering 12-inch screen was in 1957. I was six years old. It was one of the World Series games and from there I became a fan of Hank Aaron, Eddie Mathews, Joe Adcock, Del Crandall, Lew Burdette and Warren Spahn of the Milwaukee Braves.

I've seen thousands of games since but none like this evening's tilt between Texas and Toronto. It was the craziest game in my memory and the 7th inning may well go down as the craziest inning in MLB post season history.

I ain't even gonna TRY to recap it.

Catch a replay somewhere if you didn't see it.

But what I take from it is what I suspected but dared not say since this season started -- I think something Really Special is happening with this team.

They have faced a lot of adversity and not bowed their heads. The offense has the kind of juggernaut potential that has to dampen the jocks of opposing pitchers. The defense, despite a couple of uncustomary boots in the first two games, was air-tight when it needed to be. Kevin Pillar made Outstanding Catch #26 in this game. Ryan Goins made a couple of superb plays at 2nd to save runs.

And Jose -- Jose-Jose-Jose -- the long-serving heart of the team, delivered the winning 3-run shot.

Sanchez and Osuna, the two kids in the pen, held the fort for kid-starter Marcus Stroman.

Congrats to the Jays, they deserve it.

And kudos to the Rangers. They have a team to be reckoned with. The Odor kid and Deshields are keepers and future All Stars.

As of this posting, I dunno whether Toronto will face KC or Houston. I don't care, nor I suspect, do the players. May the best team win.

Cuz we want to beat the best.

PS- There's probably no truth to the rumour Toronto will erect a statue honouring Elvis Andrus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball