Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 09:03 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times

Advertisements

I still have hope, but down 2-3 the odds are really against them. It's embarrassing how many runs they've given up with two supposedly ace starters. I'm hopeful, but honestly, not optimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 10:12 PM

757 posts, read 1,024,931 times
What a crazy roller coaster ride the Jays had given their fan! They really do love to keep us on edge. From a deflating 14-2 loss to a spectacular 7-1 win, that's just amazing. I fully expect ups and downs throughout, but this is way too much.

Now comes the tough part. We really have to win both games in Kansas City to close the deal. It is a difficult task but not impossible judging from the way we won ALDC. Winning 2 games in a roll is proved to be doable for the Jays.

The Jays really have to spend time on Thursday to come up with a winning strategy for Game 5 and 6 to avoid the same scenario during Game 1 and 2. It will be tough in Kansas City for sure. There is absolutely no room for error. Business as usual may not be enough. No doubt the Royals would love to win on their home soil.

Still a lot of baseball left to play. 1 down, 2 to go. They will be extremely tight games. Simply must win.

Go Jays Go!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
What a crazy roller coaster ride the Jays had given their fan! They really do love to keep us on edge. From a deflating 14-2 loss to a spectacular 7-1 win, that's just amazing. I fully expect ups and downs throughout, but this is way too much.

Now comes the tough part. We really have to win both games in Kansas City to close the deal. It is a difficult task but not impossible judging from the way we won ALDC. Winning 2 games in a roll is proved to be doable for the Jays.

The Jays really have to spend time on Thursday to come up with a winning strategy for Game 6 and 7 to avoid the same scenario during Game 1 and 2. It will be tough in Kansas City for sure. There is absolutely no room for error. Business as usual may not be enough. No doubt the Royals would love to win on their home soil.

Still a lot of baseball left to play. 1 down, 2 to go. They will be extremely tight games. Simply must win.

Go Jays Go!

Old 10-22-2015, 10:07 PM

Apart from having a winning strategy, the Jays need to be more consistent in performance throughout Game 6 and 7. The type of sudden surge of power (7-1 win) and unexpected collapse (14-2 loss) we'd witnessed thus far won't serve them any good in the final two games of the series. They really have to maintain a steady level of energy and mentality to get through them.

Royals is a strong resilient team to beat. The Jays need to match that with reliable consistency, not dramatic ups and downs. Dramas like that make the game exciting to watch but don't help the team to win big. The Jays is a team of great hitters. They win when they hit the balls well. That's a proven fact. Hitting the ball far and frequent should be a big part of the game plan. Have a solid defense and just bat the way through Game 6 and 7. We still have a good chance to win.

Blue Jays All The Way!!! Go Jays Go!!!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:08 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
I hate to say this, but in the 5th, when the Jays had runner and 1st and 2nd with no outs, and failed to move them over with the first out, they probably blew their best chance to win the series. That was inexcusable. Had they moved the runners over and still not tied it, that would be one thing. But not moving the runners? Just bad fundamental BB.

My hope is very dim now. The Royals bullpen can shut the Jays down now. Great season, but no WS this year.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:45 PM

4-3. It's sadly over......

It was a good run for the Jays but things didn't work out as hoped. Well, we did win the ALDS and make it to the post-season. It was still a big achievement. As faithful BJ fans, I think we should all look forward. There is always next year. No point to look back and dwell in past failure, I suppose. Whatever happened in Kansas City is history now. The Jays gave it all they could, and we the fans gave them all the support we could. It was still great baseball all things considered.

Hope the Jays will do better next year.

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 10-23-2015 at 11:20 PM..

Old 10-24-2015, 12:18 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I hate to say this, but in the 5th, when the Jays had runner and 1st and 2nd with no outs, and failed to move them over with the first out, they probably blew their best chance to win the series. That was inexcusable. Had they moved the runners over and still not tied it, that would be one thing. But not moving the runners? Just bad fundamental BB.

My hope is very dim now. The Royals bullpen can shut the Jays down now. Great season, but no WS this year.

Getting Pompey to 3rd with 0 outs with the 2 steals and not advancing him was pretty pathetic as well. The home plate ump really screwed Revere there, that 2-1 pitch wasn't even remotely close, and a 2-2 count compared to a 3-1 with as good a pitcher as Davis is is a HUGE advantage. Doesn't excuse Navarro for not putting the ball in play though.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:16 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Toronto had a good year. Missing being amongst the Final 2, while disappointing to their fans, does not change what they did accomplish.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Friends are down for the weekend, so I'll do a wrap-up in a day or so.

KC deserved to win.

Congrats to them.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Word out of Toronto is Alex Antholpoulos is leaving the Jays after refusing an extension.

This is shocking and disappointing to me. Will await further details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball