Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of this useless news story? This story is up there with the Brittanys and the Paris useless stories.

No one cares but the news people keep on reporting it. Imagine how much real news we are missing out on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 05:58 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
While watching the 2000 World Series, when Clemens threw the bat at Piazza, I thought to myself, "Is he on drugs?"

Well ... looks like we might now have that answer.

If McNamee says Pettite did it, and Pettite admits it ... and McNamee says Knoblouch did it, and Knoblouch admits it, and McNamee says Clemens did it ... Clemens did it.
Right...thats another thing he has a bad temper (sometimes) could be caused by the steroids. Or could just be he's a grump.
Plus, if Pettite, Knoblouch and Giambi are all admitting to it, then why can't Clemens, it just doesn't add up, doesn't he know that eventually the truth will be told. Or could be he's telling the truth, either way, I don't care anymore.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM

280 posts, read 1,221,998 times
Default Im sticking to Clemens innocence

until someone important says he is guilty. But just wondering why is it everytime they talk about him doing steriods on the news and they show him that he has to be wearing the Yankee uniform - to make My Yankees look bad - He has been on other teams, right!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I just hope the stories I hear about Bush giving Clemens a pardon are not true. He absolutely should not do that. If he does, he should do the same for Bonds.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:50 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I just hope the stories I hear about Bush giving Clemens a pardon are not true. He absolutely should not do that. If he does, he should do the same for Bonds.
The Clemens family is close with the Bush family, which also helps to explain why the Republicans gave him a pass and attacked McNamee at the hearing.

Ex-President Bush close friend of Roger Clemens -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spbushsr0215,0,1385790.story - broken link)

Old 02-17-2008, 02:19 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
Clemens calls Mitchell allegations "totally false" - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

I wonder if Roger will get a ball marked with an astericks in the hall of fame or get the same media attention that Bonds recieved. I know Bonds is a so called jerk, but being a jerk has never been any reason to go after a person and send them to jail. Yes, I know he's going to jail for prejury etc. He's been crucifide in the court of public opinion when all of these other baseball rats were out using performance enhancing drugs long before baseball band the substances. If he goes to jail and his records are band from the hall of fame, so should the others. I want to see the rest of them go to jail. I hope they send the whole lot of them that cheated to jail. I'm so sick of these double standards in society. If you do not like cheaters then you should not like any of them regardless if they're jerks.
I don't know why people think Barry Bonds is a jerk. He and his father dealt with the media in San Francisco, people that will smile in your face, then backstab you in a millisecond. Maybe he was just sick of dealing with the phoniness, the frivolity, and the jovial nature hiding the extraordinarily surprising racial prejudice that exists in the bay area. Who knows? I met Barry once and he was pretty down to Earth to me, but no doubt he had to deal with a lot while making his climb to break the record.

I do support equal punishment for the same crime though, provided that crime is proven.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,284 times
Buying HGH from Brian McNamee - $1,000
Buying Steroids from some random dude off the streets - $500
Injecting Debbie the Trophy Wife with HGH before a SI Swimsuit shoot - $100

Knowing that he cheated on his wife and four children with a 15 year old country singer and a 25 year old bartender from New York for over a decade?

Priceless.

There are some things money CAN buy.

For everything else...

Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Clemens signed with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League

Apparently he will start on Saturday to see how he can handle the hitters. If he's successful, it sounds like he may attempt to continue pitching. Apparently the Astros watched him work out and a few scouts may even show up for his game on Saturday

Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Clemens signed with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League

Apparently he will start on Saturday to see how he can handle the hitters. If he's successful, it sounds like he may attempt to continue pitching. Apparently the Astros watched him work out and a few scouts may even show up for his game on Saturday

Pitching even 1 pitch in the majors this year (or next) pushes his HOF clock back 5 years, but for him it's probably a good thing. Pitch well in a start or 2 for the Skeeters, the Astros sign him for the rest of the season to put some people in the seats for September because that club is atrocious. Even though they won't catch the Mets & Tigers for most losses in a season (because they actually started out well), the team right now is clearly worse then that 03 Tigers team that lost 119 games.
Anyways, if your Clemens, you hope you get signed by the Astros, pitch a game in the majors this year so your pushed back until 2016 now, and if your lucky, pitch a game or two next year as well so it goes back to 2017. The farther back he goes, the more likely it'll be that people forget the Steroid era. IF he doesn't pitch in the majors this year and goes on the ballot for next year there is a 0% chance he gets into the HOF, however, if he gets pushed back until 2016, I'll go as high as 30% he gets in that year and if its pushed back until 2017 I'll go even higher (45%).

Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Pitching even 1 pitch in the majors this year (or next) pushes his HOF clock back 5 years, but for him it's probably a good thing. Pitch well in a start or 2 for the Skeeters, the Astros sign him for the rest of the season to put some people in the seats for September because that club is atrocious. Even though they won't catch the Mets & Tigers for most losses in a season (because they actually started out well), the team right now is clearly worse then that 03 Tigers team that lost 119 games.
Anyways, if your Clemens, you hope you get signed by the Astros, pitch a game in the majors this year so your pushed back until 2016 now, and if your lucky, pitch a game or two next year as well so it goes back to 2017. The farther back he goes, the more likely it'll be that people forget the Steroid era. IF he doesn't pitch in the majors this year and goes on the ballot for next year there is a 0% chance he gets into the HOF, however, if he gets pushed back until 2016, I'll go as high as 30% he gets in that year and if its pushed back until 2017 I'll go even higher (45%).
That is an interesting theory. It fits with Clemens' serial public lying to try and preserve his reputation. I suspect the next decade is going to unfold along the lines of the Pete Rose dynamic where despite no one believing him, Clemens remains in his 100% denial mode. Unlike Rose, Clemens seems unlikely to finally break and confess in order to sell a few books, he hasn't gambled away all his money like Charlie Hustle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball