Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 PM

746 posts, read 845,688 times

Advertisements

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

I wonder if Roger will get a ball marked with an astericks in the hall of fame or get the same media attention that Bonds recieved. I know Bonds is a so called jerk, but being a jerk has never been any reason to go after a person and send them to jail. Yes, I know he's going to jail for prejury etc. He's been crucifide in the court of public opinion when all of these other baseball rats were out using performance enhancing drugs long before baseball band the substances. If he goes to jail and his records are band from the hall of fame, so should the others. I want to see the rest of them go to jail. I hope they send the whole lot of them that cheated to jail. I'm so sick of these double standards in society. If you do not like cheaters then you should not like any of them regardless if they're jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 08:26 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,216 times
Baseball is a joke. Plain and simple.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
Why all the fuss about steroids? They will always be an issue until something better is found. Steroids should be decriminalized.

They say he used them, where's the proof?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,486 times
You'll notice the relative absence of any past or present Red Sox players named in this list... as well as Mitchell's connections to the Red Sox (he's their director)...

Last edited by AndyJ; 12-13-2007 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 PM

746 posts, read 845,688 times
Didn't Roger play for the Sox in the 80's

Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,039 times
Yes, Roger made his name with the Sox. My question is, why did the government get involved investigating this? Don't we have bigger issues than steroid use in baseball?? Was tax dollars spent investigating this? This is a freaking joke period.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,019,328 times
All of these ballplayers from Clemens to Bonds are greedy self absorbed, egotistical cheating bums IMHO.

For all the baseball players who did not cheat from today and the past, these jerks put a dark cloud of uncertainty over the game.

Clemens career seemed to be over in the mid to late 90's- then magically he packs on the same 'Roid' look as Bonds and has a 'revival' in his career- something is amiss here.

The same holds true for the rest from journeymen to superstar- these guys are all losers-
Clemens, Bonds, -all of them deserve an asterisk after their names forever.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 AM

528 posts, read 2,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
You'll notice the relative absence of any past or present Red Sox players named in this list... as well as Mitchell's connections to the Red Sox (he's their director)...

you need to re-read the list, there's plenty of former Sox players named:

Roger Clemens, Mo Vaughn, Eric Gagne, Brendan Donnelly, Steve Woodard, Jose Canseco, Manny Alexander, Paxton Crawford, Jeremy Giambi, Josias Manzanillo, Chris Donnels, Mike Lansing, Kent Mercker, and Mike Stanton.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:52 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,604,111 times
Quote:
I know Bonds is a so called jerk, but being a jerk has never been any reason to go after a person and send them to jail.
Bonds had Immunity and still lied...how stupid is that. He gets what he deserves.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:16 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,775 times
IMHO i agree with interpol76 baseball is a prety much a joke. I cant stand to watch it on tv, and yes to all the people that will say well you dont understand the game, not really much to understand any more. just continue to people in that are rested and able to strike out the next batter and your good. any way i think this is a dark cloud in baseball. now you dont only have the home run king but a lot of other superstars and "normal" nice guy players on this so called list.
I know now that i will not like baseball, except for going to the Cubies games in the bleacher seats, forever more. This just put the nail in the coffin for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball