Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 06:37 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Good lord! That's a lot of money. Well, you can have your daily visits to strip clubs in anonymity in Milwaukee as opposed to NY, LA, etc. where social media has a field day for those kinds of transgressions.
Giannis is big on the strip clubs or are you saying its a good place for Harden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 06:47 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,345,154 times
Both! Giannis seems a little conservative but you never know.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Both! Giannis seems a little conservative but you never know.
Giannis seems like a good guy. So I am not going to go there. He pushed the team to do something so they fired the coach and brought Batman a good Robin. The team did their part. So he rewarded the team by signing an extension. That buys the team an extra year or two. Now its up to Giannis and Lillard to get it done. They have a 2 year window at best.

Old 10-25-2023, 01:23 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,440,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I mentioned earlier Giannis was likely staying. He made the comments about wanting to be in a winning organization to put pressure on the team. He knew he was going to sign the extension. ESPN & media runs with this all the time & pushes rumors, because they can't understand why someone would want to stay in a small market like Milwaukee when they could live in NYC, Miami, Boston, or LA.

Report: Bucks, Giannis Antetokounmpo agree to 3-year, $186 million extension
Yep I knew he wasnt seriously thinking about leaving. It would be a reversal of the image he has spent years building; that he's loyal to not only the team, but the city as well so he doesnt want to join a bunch of superfriends for a cheap ring somewhere else.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:56 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...0fafaaef&ei=22

Wow, very long winded opinion piece but from what I gleaned, this piece is inferring that Griffin seems like a bad choice for head coach. I guess we'll see. It's still early and Lillard was out a few games with an injury.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Wow, very long winded opinion piece but from what I gleaned, this piece is inferring that Griffin seems like a bad choice for head coach. I guess we'll see. It's still early and Lillard was out a few games with an injury.
I had heard the other day that their defensive rating was worst in the NBA. Not sure of that is coaching or the roster.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:32 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,133 times
Quote:

That's a pretty sensationalist article calling for AG to be fired after 10 games. Rcon14 is normally a doomer who writes about the Packers. That's the first article I've seen him write about the Bucks, so take that for what it's worth.

AG was hired before the Bucks had Dame. He was pursued because Giannis wanted a coach who was more approachable, & open to player input & someone who played in the NBA. Giannis spoke for about 10 min after the Bulls game, really opening up. Basically said Griffin has an open door policy so any player can walk into his office & give input, which he likes. Giannis also said it's going to take time for the team to gel with Dame, a new coach, no offensive coach (Stotts quit). Khris is still on minutes restriction but already looks better than he ever did last season. Giannis had knee surgery this off season. Dame is going through a divorce.

Griffin started out using a defense the Raptors used with quick young athletic guys. It worked terribly with the older & slower Bucks. Lopez was running around on the perimeter getting burned by the athletic Hawks & Pacers guards, lol. Players approached AG about using a drop defense, which is what Bud used, & Lopez got 8 blocks the next game & the d tightened with him staying in the paint as a rim protector.

I've seen several things about AG I like already. He makes more adjustments mid game compared to Bud. Plays the younger guys a lot more, & goes deeper into the bench. He's not afraid to put small lineups out there, which is something Bud hardly ever did.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:28 AM

It's still early. Good game last night without Giannis. Beasley got hot so Bucks didn't miss a beat. Dame was Dame with 37 points, 13 assists. I think all's well in Milwaukee.

Old 11-16-2023, 03:31 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,133 times
Quote:
I think all's well in Milwaukee.
They'll have to keep improving. Giannis & Dame have to figure out how to work together when both are in the game. Both have had their biggest games when the other isn't playing that night.

The offense looks the worst when both are in the game. Dame is passive, & Giannis has to figure out how to pick and roll.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:48 AM

Giannis had 64 points last night without shooting a 3. Amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudTCp_R9lA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball