Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 06:10 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times

Advertisements

He’s been making 3’s all season. It’s comical that it’s not until they play an LA team that people actually notice this.

But yes, the league is pretty much screwed now (if it already wasn’t before with Giannis crushing it.)

Last edited by everwinter; 12-20-2019 at 06:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 01:03 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
He’s been making 3’s all season. It’s comical that it’s not until they play an LA team that people actually notice this.

But yes, the league is pretty much screwed now (if it already wasn’t before with Giannis crushing it.)
I'm savoring this Bucks era!! I still worry about a playoff fizzle like last season Vs the raptors.
Playoff hoops is a different animal. Budenzolzers teams have a history of regular season dominance followed by playoff flame outs. With this team there should be NO reason to not have a Cavs type run where they are a regular participant in the Finals, maybe a title or two.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:15 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,639 times
Quote:

Final form Giannis could end up like a less smooth rugged KD who likes to slash. KD and Giannis have the same body type and height. If the Greek can shake and consistently hit short jumpers over people along with hitting the three at a good percentage. Then, yeah the League is screwed. The Greek plays better defense than KD.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:45 PM

242 posts, read 174,047 times
Giannis has the potential to be the Greatest ever,

AD & KD have the same potential but it's deeper than just your physical abilities....Killer instinct & defense play a huge deal in your overall greatness.

Plus your mental mind state & IQ on the court has to be a level above everyone else. And if the objective is to win titles and make your teammates better than Magic Johnson & Bill Russell are the Goat's...

But again there's levels to this madness, Micheal Jordan came and revolutionized the game like none before him and only Kobe and LeBron have come close to his throne. But there's just something different about the Greek Freak" He isn't teamed up with other great player's like LeBron and Kyrie; Yet he's been on a rampage the last couple of seasons.

My thing is regular season success means absolutely nothing without that NBA title. ( James Harden )

I think this is LeBron last chance at his 4th title but if Kawhi & PG are both healthy in the playoffs I just don't see the Lakers beating the Clippers, Let alone the Bucks...Lakers need a better bench and that's very important in a 7 game series.

We'll just have to see how this season comes down to the wire.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:06 PM

Milwaukee is treating the regular season as practice. They are just killing teams effortlessly like championship level teams do. You saw it in GS, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, and the Bulls.

I not even a Bucks fan but I can only imagine how agitated the national media make Milwaukee natives. I saw a segment with Whitlock and Rick Bucher and they were talking dumb reckless about the Bucks. They put no thought into what they were trying to convey. I hate watching the Hawks and our fake Steph Curry guard.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:37 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Milwaukee is treating the regular season as practice. They are just killing teams effortlessly like championship level teams do. You saw it in GS, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, and the Bulls.

I not even a Bucks fan but I can only imagine how agitated the national media make Milwaukee natives. I saw a segment with Whitlock and Rick Bucher and they were talking dumb reckless about the Bucks. They put no thought into what they were trying to convey. I hate watching the Hawks and our fake Steph Curry guard.
Big Giannis fan here (but not the Bucks)
I think the hate the bucks are getting this season has to be due to the way Kawhi and the Raptors just toyed with them in the playoffs. It was big brother playing one on one against little bro. Spot the bucks the first two games, yawn, and then proceed to crush them 4 games straight. Giannis completely neutralized after his great MVP season.
This is why he HAS to at least get to the finals, AND be competitive in the finals, going 7 games if they don’t win. Otherwise he will be nothing more than James Harden East, fun during the regular season, completely ignored when it really counts.

Old 12-25-2019, 04:36 PM

Giannis hasn't even reached his peak yet but this is the best that Harden will be.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:51 AM

I know it's selfish, but this NBA season suspension as a Bucks fan really really stinks. Bucks were having one of the best seasons of all-time & the Bucks have stunk for so long. I was highly anticipating shutting some of the media's mouths in the playoffs & I know Giannis was too. Now I'm worried --

- NBA season will be cancelled or
- Playoffs will pick up in mid/late summer & Bucks will have lost their momentum.

Also, last night was supposed to be the Heat/Bucks game in Milwaukee & I was highly looking forward to watching the Bucks hopefully kick their butt since the Heat took the 1st 2 games.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Quote:
I know it's selfish, but this NBA season suspension as a Bucks fan really really stinks. Bucks were having one of the best seasons of all-time & the Bucks have stunk for so long. I was highly anticipating shutting some of the media's mouths in the playoffs & I know Giannis was too. Now I'm worried --

- NBA season will be cancelled or
- Playoffs will pick up in mid/late summer & Bucks will have lost their momentum.

Also, last night was supposed to be the Heat/Bucks game in Milwaukee & I was highly looking forward to watching the Bucks hopefully kick their butt since the Heat took the 1st 2 games.
Yeah I now think there is a 50-50 chance the season is cancelled. Trump said this could go on till the summer. So if you postpone till then, you are now having to play out the rest of the season and then the playoffs, you will already be into training camp time for the next season.

You could just say pick the top 8 teams as of right now and immediately go to the playoffs when play resumes...would suck for the teams right on the cusp of the playoffs who might have caught up and made it but hey.

Either way, yes it's a downer for everyone. Lebron looked like he was about to make an epic run both individually and with the Lakers as a team...that has now been cut short. If Giannis does win the MVP, it will now be with an asterisk attached, which is unfortunate because he has been dominant this year. Just terrible all the way round...but hey it's bigger than sports right now.

Oh, and everyone needs to go and "thank" Rudy Gobert. It was when he tested positive that the NBA cancelled the season. They were initially just going to play out the rest of the games without fans. Thanks to the effin Frenchman, that went kaput.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:01 PM

Welp . . .

I'm just going to focus on some positives & that's it.

- I had a blast watching the Bucks this season. Winters in Wisconsin suck & coming home after work to watch the Bucks roll over teams all winter long was a bright spot. Even when they were up big it was still fun to watch their bench play well in the 4th.
Their locker room seemed tight & as much as a fan can tell, it seemed the players were all a great group who all got along on & off the court. Makes it even more fun to cheer for a team like that. From the Giannis quote below it sounds like the Bucks had fun in the bubble too.

- We have Giannis for another year. Instead of worrying about if he'll stay or leave, lets just enjoy watching the MVP for another season in a Milwaukee uniform.

- I really didn't think the playoffs would even go on this year. So as awful as Milwaukee played in the bubble, it was almost like free added bonus basketball.

Giannis quote after the game today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball