Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Unless there some HUGE fallout with the players (mainly Durant) I don't see him giong anywhere.
Plus one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
The Mavs were there to be had, The Thunder had the line up, youth, depth, size and shooters to take them. The closeness of the last 2 games which should have went the other way proves my point.

1 simple and I mean simple move would have been to apply full court pressure on Jason Kid at the point guard position in the backcourt.
-Kid is 38yrs old, letting him walk it up allowed him to rest and survey the court unmolested
-Slowing down his progress would have taken time off the shot clock and made the Mavs make quicker decisions.
-Getting the ball out of Kids had would have been optimal for turnoversno one else in the starting line up is a reliable ball handler.

Thats just one that would have changed the series. This was soooooooo Winnable.
-
Actually the Thunders youth worked against them. That's indicated by the fact they had problems with late game offensive execution in the series with the Grizzlies and the Mavericks.

The Thunder beat the Grizzlie because they had the better shooting team. The Mavs beat the Thunder because they had more guys that could score than the Thunder AND THEY PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE.

They have good young players but the glaring question is Westbrook REALLY a point guard or is he better suited as a shooting guard. They also need to improve their defense. Simply put the Thunder don't play championship caliber defense. That's something the whole team needs to work on.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
When you lose two leads two games in a row it has to be the coach fault. Who else should get the blame?

Old 05-27-2011, 06:10 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
so screw the entire rest of the season? they got pretty far with this "bum" coach.

its ridiculous to fire the coach because of two games, i'm sorry. d'antoni should be fired...but the coach for the thunder? na.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:15 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When you lose two leads two games in a row it has to be the coach fault. Who else should get the blame?
Some coaching errors on Brooks' part, but end of the day the players still have to perform on the court. I think the calls to trade Westbrook and Brooks are both way premature, this is still a very young team with a ton of upside, plenty of room for growth, and the potential to be a long-term Western power with a few tweaks and the continued maturing of its stars.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Some coaching errors on Brooks' part, but end of the day the players still have to perform on the court. I think the calls to trade Westbrook and Brooks are both way premature, this is still a very young team with a ton of upside, plenty of room for growth, and the potential to be a long-term Western power with a few tweaks and the continued maturing of its stars.
The coach failed to put them in position to win. So it falls on him not the players

Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The coach failed to put them in position to win. So it falls on him not the players
Yes, because the coach is the one on the court executing the plays, right? Newsflash, only one team is winning the NBA title this year, so should the other 29 teams fire their coach too, for failing to put them in position to win it all? Has it crossed your mind that Dallas is simply a better, more experienced team at this point in time? Of course not....

Why do I bother...

Old 05-27-2011, 06:31 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
the coach isnt the one who blew the lead, not alone. the coach put them in positions to win for sure, the KIDS couldnt get over the hump.

so tell me tv guy what other coaches should get the ax? tom t should get fired in chicago right? because his team choked it up last night? how about jim carey if dallas doesnt win a title? the fact is that the players have more to do with playing the game then the coaches do, a coach only calls the play, the players have to actually run the play.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
tom t should get fired in chicago right?
Lol I was just about to post that myself.... Man you guys in San Antonio better fire that no-good Poppovich as well. What a bum!

Sheesh....

Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 AM
FBJ

At my job my manager was let go because she didn't do a good job of putting us in position to succeed. So the entire staff won't be let go because busniess operations would not be able to continue. So just like in the nba when a team fails the players are not going to get fired because it wouldn't be a league. And the GM aint going nowhere which leaves who? The coach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball