Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why is Memphis considered a non-playoff team? I believe they are in the top 5 in the Western Conference Playoff race from what I viewed on ESPN.
Rudy Gay didn't play. Without him, they aren't a playoff team. Hence my comparison to if the Bulls were to beat the Heat without Lebron and Wade I wouldn't be in here tomorrow bragging about how the Bulls are the greatest blah blah blah.

P.S. Memphis is currently the 4th best record in the west but that only puts them 3 games out of 9th. Just tons of parity from 3rd to 8th in the west IMO.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rudy Gay didn't play. Without him, they aren't a playoff team. Hence my comparison to if the Bulls were to beat the Heat without Lebron and Wade I wouldn't be in here tomorrow bragging about how the Bulls are the greatest blah blah blah.

P.S. Memphis is currently the 4th best record in the west but that only puts them 3 games out of 9th. Just tons of parity from 3rd to 8th in the west IMO.
Oh ok I didn't know Rudy Gay was out last night so that makes sense. Plus the Grizzlies was also in position to win that game without him if they made smarter decisions late in OT.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM

207 posts, read 353,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I like how you tried to divert the conversation away from the topic at hand.
Tell me again how Kobe is gonna lead the lakers to the ring again this year. Or how Bynum is the next coming of wilt lol. Or how pop is once again in the top 3-5 for coach of the year. Or how the spurs have great cap space after this season because they have stars that are not self obsorbed and looking to just get paid. .
Well I primarily just stick with the facts. All you ever do speculate. It is what it is.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
D rose out for tonight's game. Sucks pretty hard.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Well I primarily just stick with the facts. All you ever do speculate. It is what it is.
HA! So far your facts are Bynum is apparently going to be MVP, (speculation?) and the lakers are headed to the finals after every win but your nowhere to be found after every loss. (lakers in finals, speculation?)

So lay some more speculatory facts on us please!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
D rose out for tonight's game. Sucks pretty hard.
Why in the world would be miss a game this big? I heard he was in a car accident so did that have something to do with it? I know ESPN is mad about this

Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
HA! So far your facts are Bynum is apparently going to be MVP, (speculation?) and the lakers are headed to the finals after every win but your nowhere to be found after every loss. (lakers in finals, speculation?)

Yeah, he's getting out of hand no doubt.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM

207 posts, read 353,948 times
Quote:

Thats not speculation its backed by facts. Lakers beat the Heat, Celtics, Grizzlies in recent days, plus what Bynum is doing in the paint now. A MONSTER. -----mod cut-----

Last edited by Orangeish; 03-14-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
So we are over looking the back to back losses to the wiz and Pistons.
The heat winwas quality, the clerics are terrible this year, and it took double over time to beat the griz who happen to be missing their two best players. Those ma boy are facts! (it's also not taking no bosh into account in the heat game)

Yup Bynum is playing well, fact, even top 10 MVP candidate? Um not so.

The lakers making it to the finals because they beat 1 quality team, one bad team and one team missing its two best players isn't fact its ridiculous! FACT!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:

I warned a friend about that on facebook that I was sick of him only posting after the sixers win and when they lose he is nowhere to be found. He was going to be deleted the next time they lose and he was missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball