Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 PM

410 posts, read 342,308 times

Advertisements

I've never heard so much complaining about the refs in my life (spurs fans). This is one of the worst flopping teams i've seen in the playoffs (spurs). Get over it, your team got it handed to them by a superior team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Oh God, I'm gonna actually have to hear this for the next couple weeks....

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not a team with LeBron on it.
I really dont understand all the hate for LeBron. Anyway, pencil in OKC for a championship. Way too much depth, stardom from the Thunder.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I was rooting for the Spurs. I like Duncan and Parker, and always enjoyed watching the precision in which that team operated. Even when the Suns were at the top of their game those years with Nash, Amare, Raja Bell, Diaw, and so forth, they couldn't beat the Spurs. Sorry they lost, and I thought they had the pedigree to prevail.

So, the Thunder is the best in the WC. We have to put up with unabomber-looking Harden, and watch Westbrook launch up more shots than anyone else in the building. I hope they face Boston.

I don't care who wins, as long as it's not a team with LeBron on it.

That freakin beard reminds me of Brian Wilson and the SF Giants, kicking the Phillies a$$ two years ago.

Anyone but the Heat for me as well.

Last edited by James420; 06-06-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Reminder to limit personal attacks.

TVSG, that was not even close to a historic collapse. Stop with that.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Oh God, I'm gonna actually have to hear this for the next couple weeks....
Your team had a good year theres nothing to be ashamed of getting beat by a better team.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
What a difference a week makes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Lets say the spurs go 16-0 these playoffs. Do we have to consider them the GOAT team in NBA history?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes because of the fact it will be a undefeated record without a 5 game series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Was it the 1996 Bulls that went 72-6 in the regular season before winning the Championship? That team has to be up there amongst the goat's. But yes, in answer to your question this team will have to be considered one of the greatest playoff teams of all time if they sweep the entire playoffs. I think ultimately they will drop one each against OKC and Miami and go 16-2 but that will still place San Antonio amongst the goat's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I don't know that GOAT would be right. I still put the 72-10 bulls as the GOAT but this team would be 2nd easy. I also can't see 16-0 barring injury to the other teams biggest star, and then everyone will throw * next to the record
Quote:
That 72-10 Bulls team lost Game 3 of the second round and only had to win 3 games in the first round. I would still put the Spurs over that team if they go 16-0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Hence why no one takes you serious...
This Spurs team is great but and an ALL-Time great team in a lock out shorten seasoned? Please... Y'all are going overboard
They couldn't beat the 80's Lakers, Celtics, late 80's Pistons, 90's Bulls, or the early 2K's Lakers.
Quote:
None of those teams played a ridiculous schedule like this season. 66 games, 1 game every 1.8 days, this shortened season is tougher then any regular season to date. And IF these spurs go 16-0 that takes their streak to 26 games. They IMO would hang with those teams mentioned fairly well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
How do you know who could beat who? Those teams of the past will never play this current Spurs team so how would you know who's actually better? Your viewpoint is just a biased opinion just like everybody else's. In my biased opinion this current San Antonio team could whip any of the so-called great teams you mention.
Quote:
Need to * the 1st one considering Duncan (the best player in the league at the time) missed the playoffs with knee surgery.
Quote:
The 2000 Lakers team wasn't that strong, I remember how they were BEAT in the WCF when they were down by 15 in the 4th qtr and bad coaching by the Blazers caused the Lakers to come back and win.
2001 and 2002 I will say were strong teams.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
Quote:
now will we have to look at OKC for the next 4 or 5 years.
And ALL can admire our Core2Shore construction timeline too...Looking forward to it

Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
I will never ever understand why NBA teams go for the knockout punch in the 1st qtr when there is so much time left in the game. I sat there and watched the spurs and could not believe they were using up so much energy so earlier on and knew it was a strong possibility they would have nothing left to finish off the game. The NBA game is not a sprit, it's a marathon and you can't try and build huge leads in the 1st qtr.

It was a shame to see the Spurs franchise end this way but they had a great decade and 4 titles and that's still a great accomplishment. Sad to see the spurs window close this way and now will we have to look at OKC for the next 4 or 5 years.
Congrats to the Thunder! Even though I'm not a Miami Heat fan I'm hoping that they are able to beat the Celtics because I think a "Thunder vs. Heat" Finals would be a lot more entertaining than a "Thunder vs. Celtics" Finals.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
I really dont understand all the hate for LeBron. Anyway, pencil in OKC for a championship. Way too much depth, stardom from the Thunder.

Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube

Oh, and there's the "They have to go back to their lives" presser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball