Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Nahh Philly got screwed in Boston, they would eat the heats heart and poop championship rings.
And if that would have happened I would have become a premium member at the "plus size nudie bar" for women over 40.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And if that would have happened I would have become a premium member at the "plus size nudie bar" for women over 40.
you got your membership last year when you said the 76ers were competitive with the heat in their 4-1 loss.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
you got your membership last year when you said the 76ers were competitive with the heat in their 4-1 loss.
The final score and final result of a playoff series never tells the whole story. What if the team who lost 4-1 was trailing by 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter for every game and the other team just pulled away in the 4th qtr?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The final score and final result of a playoff series never tells the whole story. What if the team who lost 4-1 was trailing by 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter for every game and the other team just pulled away in the 4th qtr?
doesnt mater. i know you have seen the fast and furious, vin diesel says "ask any racer, and real racer, win by an inch or win by a mile, winning is winning".

same goes for the nba. doesnt mater what the score was at the end of 3, 2 or 1, it only maters who has the higher points at the end of the 4th or over time.

it goes hand in hand with your thoughts that the currently swept clippers where more in the series then the currently swept jazz. they where not, did they put up a little fight, sure but it was really not competitive.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
doesnt mater. i know you have seen the fast and furious, vin diesel says "ask any racer, and real racer, win by an inch or win by a mile, winning is winning".

same goes for the nba. doesnt mater what the score was at the end of 3, 2 or 1, it only maters who has the higher points at the end of the 4th or over time.

it goes hand in hand with your thoughts that the currently swept clippers where more in the series then the currently swept jazz. they where not, did they put up a little fight, sure but it was really not competitive.
How was the Clippers not competitive if they lead by 24 in the second qtr of Game 3? Now the jazz just was out played completely and don't think they ever had a lead on the Spurs unless it was 4-2 in the beginning of the game.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM

clippers where competitive for a quarter, not a series. maybe, MAYBE a half. if it was competitive then the spurs would have had no chance of the come back on that lead.

its ok, you know as well as i do that the 76ers where given the short end of the stick on their ride to the title. i mean after they dismantled the favorite bulls team, the league had to ensure they would not go any further. damn you david stern!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
clippers where competitive for a quarter, not a series. maybe, MAYBE a half. if it was competitive then the spurs would have had no chance of the come back on that lead.

its ok, you know as well as i do that the 76ers where given the short end of the stick on their ride to the title. i mean after they dismantled the favorite bulls team, the league had to ensure they would not go any further. damn you david stern!
Game 7 was not close in the 4th qtr so I don't see how stern played a role in their loss. With 5 mins left in the game Rondo scored 9 straight points to seal the win. The Sixers were on borrowed time anyway so the Cinderella mess had to come to a end.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
I'm watching more ECF than WCF, although Kevin Durant is my favorite player left in the playoffs. I've been a Sixers my whole life and guess I just got used to the good defensive games in the East. The Spurs last 5 quarters have been been pretty good but they are getting wide open looks that I didn't see that much while watching the playoffs in the East.

I can't stand Garnett, but if he was a 76er I'd probably like him and the same goes for Lebron. Just for defense and to see one of those Jack a$$e$ lose is enough for me to watch the ECF.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm watching more ECF than WCF, although Kevin Durant is my favorite player left in the playoffs. I've been a Sixers my whole life and guess I just got used to the good defensive games in the East. The Spurs last 5 quarters have been been pretty good but they are getting wide open looks that I didn't see that much while watching the playoffs in the East.

I can't stand Garnett, but if he was a 76er I'd probably like him and the same goes for Lebron. Just for defense and to see one of those Jack a$$e$ lose is enough for me to watch the ECF.
Oh please, the Sixers just became relevant again in 2011 after being a predictable and losing team from 2003-2010. Not sure how long Doug Collins will stick around but he is their best player and wears a suit on the sideline. It's still mind boggling that Iggy is still here and has helped the team accomplish nothing but everyone wanted to get rid of AI who led the team to the Finals.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
The reason is simple. There are no really good contenders for Miami in the east. Philly, led by Iguadala (that's funny). Boston, so banged up althzeimers is kicking in. The Knicks, key defensive starter out, Baron Davis out, Defensive player of the year out one game. Stats little tantrum that took him out of the series. A team that was just barely glued together. Too much time waisted with Dantoni's no defensive scheme. I mean (and I'm being as honest as possible) the easiest road to the finals I've ever witnessed and I have been watching basketball for almost thirty years. I'm close to forty. So where's the suspense? We're all just waiting for MIami to make it to the finals, so the "real" test can come. Then we'll see how good or not good they are.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-30-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball