Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
haha exactly. please stop these shenanigans. lebron is 0-2 in the finals and kobe sidekicked his way to 3 straight riding the diesel's coattails. give me a break

I hated Jordan growing up but he's the most clutch athlete I've ever seen IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
haha exactly. please stop these shenanigans. lebron is 0-2 in the finals and kobe sidekicked his way to 3 straight riding the diesel's coattails. give me a break
And he won two without him, Dwade won two, the 2nd riding Lebrons coattails. No one compares to Jordan, or ever will. The same way in golf when we heard Rory was the next Tiger, yeah right. When all is said and done Lebron will be in a class by himself, just like Jordan is.

10 years from now we'll be talking about the next Lebron.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,137,651 times
Doubtful, no way Lebron is going to be able to hold up to the 8 titles promised. They almost got knocked out by the Celtics this year, the Thunder are still growing, and the Bulls will be back next year.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
And he won two without him, Dwade won two, the 2nd riding Lebrons coattails. No one compares to Jordan, or ever will. The same way in golf when we heard Rory was the next Tiger, yeah right. When all is said and done Lebron will be in a class by himself, just like Jordan is.

10 years from now we'll be talking about the next Lebron.
We shall see. Injuries in particular are a fickle, fickle thing.

Let's see him cement his legacy alongside the likes of the 3-4 championship guys before we get him onto Jordan's level.

He currently needs another season like this, and then two more like that before I put him up that high. Not saying it can't happen but it's no given.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:47 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Doubtful, no way Lebron is going to be able to hold up to the 8 titles promised. They almost got knocked out by the Celtics this year, the Thunder are still growing, and the Bulls will be back next year.
We shall see, the NBA is sorta in flux right now with a changing of the guard so to speak and of course the rash of Bulls injuries this year.

The Heat also beat the Celts largely without Bosh but we all know a healthy Bulls squad would have given the Heat at least a good fight even with Bosh there.

There are still some huge wildcards out there. What is a team makes a hugely lopsided trade like the Garnett trade of years past and suddenly OKC has Kevin Love or Dwight etc? Anything can happen.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:36 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We shall see, the NBA is sorta in flux right now with a changing of the guard so to speak and of course the rash of Bulls injuries this year.

The Heat also beat the Celts largely without Bosh but we all know a healthy Bulls squad would have given the Heat at least a good fight even with Bosh there.

There are still some huge wildcards out there. What is a team makes a hugely lopsided trade like the Garnett trade of years past and suddenly OKC has Kevin Love or Dwight etc? Anything can happen.

I think Stern, ESPN, Nike, etc... will do whatever it takes to break up OKC. Someone will offer Durant $100 million in incentive clauses contingant on him being in NYC or LA or another major market. They stewed the entire time the Spurs were winning titles and they don't want a repeat of that.

Had LeBron wanted to remain with the Cavs I'm still convinced that Stern would have forbidden it and I still think Stern is P.O'd that the Heat ended up with LeBron and Bosh and not the Knicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball