Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these cities has the best chance of gaining an NBA franchise?
Seattle 141 51.09%
San Jose 5 1.81%
Omaha 7 2.54%
Kansas City 27 9.78%
St. Louis 37 13.41%
Pittsburgh 9 3.26%
Las Vegas 21 7.61%
Vancouver 5 1.81%
Montreal 13 4.71%
Virginia Beach 11 3.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 04:33 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
That's just like asking Houstonians to cheer for the Cowboys when the Oilers left. Or people in Cleveland to be Bengals fans when the original team went to Baltimore.

Why don't you also ask Michigan Wolverine fans to cheer for Ohio State if somehow, Michigan dumped their football program...?
People in Portland actually want the Sonics to come back, because it was a nice rivalry while it was around. There isn't enough inter-Pacific NW rivalries...(Well the Sounders-Timbers and then college football basically, but otherwise the area lacks good sports rivals).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM

36 posts, read 66,843 times
Virginia Beach could possibly be a future home to the NBA considering that they are breaking ground on an new world class arena.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:31 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You'll get your team back first thing, next expansion.

I live in Texas and agree with you that Seattle got screwed and the state of Oklahoma should have NO major pro sports teams. However, being THAT pissed off about it doesn't do you or any other Sonics fans any good. Things work themselves out for the best. Just like with Houston and Cleveland in the NFL and Winnipeg in the NHL, it'll work itself out for the best.

Just be patient.
OKC can pound sand. I wish that filthy den of thieves the very worst. It is America's right armpit to Detroit on the left.

The lying thieves of that massive trailer park stole away my childhood team and I will not get over this justified anger until they are returned.

Anyone who supports the Trailer Park Thunder are accessories to theft.

Go Clippers! Knock that minor league heap of garbage out of the playoffs.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It's called arrogance. Like the Sherman rant. When you listen to biased fact-challenged Seattle radio stations it takes its toll.
Okay "fact checker" what are the urban myths running rampant on Seattle Sports Radio?

The fact is Seattle had their NBA team stolen away from them without a chance to save them. Shame on David Stern and shame on the state of Oklahoma.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,100 times
Quote:
I never had a problem with Seattle getting a another team. Just not our team, the Sacramento Kings.
You guys had no problem with stealing the Kings from Kansas City. It's not like they have some grand history in Sacramento anyways. How many championships did the Kings win? Let me know, I'm trying to find a Sacramento Kings NBA championship, but I can't find it.

Quote:
Hansen broke California law and he was a resident of the State of California at the time (still lives in Marin County California, I think). Sacramentans call him a Coastal Snob.
Please point me to a law that Hansen and Ballmer broke. Be specific.

Quote:
Thanks for the Congratulations, Those 28 games was more than 5 other teams and every 28th Sacramento Kings win was a joy especially when we beat Miami.

After 7 years of being driven into the ground by ex-ower Magoofs, we are very happy with the season. This is how loyal fans think and behave.

The Sacramento Kings look forward to the next season and plan to be in the playoffs a year before our new Arena is complete.
And even with a new owner, the Kings weren't able to sell out this season as the attendance was only 94% in a smaller arena

2013-2014 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Wonder if you guys will stop going next year as your front office wasn't able to do more than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
What's wrong with the Pacific Northwest all supporting the Trail Blazers, for the time being, until another franchise gets to the Pacific Northwest?

The Trail Blazers are a legit team, they'll be in the playoffs barring any major injuries or trades, for years to come. They have a very young nucleus and two very valuable players. They'll be making pushes every year, cant people from Seattle just support that for now? Instead of trying to pry the Clippers from Los Angeles? Or the Kings from Sacramento? Or the Bucks from Milwaukee?
Why should Seattle have to root for their former division rivals? Why can't Kings fans root for the Warriors (California already has 3 other NBA teams)? Why can't Bucks fans root for the Bulls? Why can't Clippers fans root for the Lakers?

Sacramento --> Oakland = 88 miles
Milwaukee --> Chicago = 91 miles
Clippers ---> play in the same arena as the Lakers.

You know how far away Seattle is from Portland? You know how much larger Seattle is than Portland? No one would've missed the Kings if they moved. Northern California honestly has too many sports teams. I'm not hating or anything, but given the A's, Kings, and Raiders awful attendance, they can't support any of those teams.

The truth is the truth.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
What's wrong with the Pacific Northwest all supporting the Trail Blazers, for the time being, until another franchise gets to the Pacific Northwest?
What's wrong with citizens of NY rooting for the Boston Celtics? They are in the same region.

I live in Olympia, 110 miles from Portland. People here love the Sonics, HATE the Jailblazers. We hate them even more when people suggest we drop our Sonics love and follow that thug outfit.

GO SPURS! SWEEP THE JAILBLAZERS!

Only time I root for those thugs is when they play Trailer Park City and occasionally the Lakers when they are good.

Quote:
cant people from Seattle just support that for now? Instead of trying to pry the Clippers from Los Angeles? Or the Kings from Sacramento? Or the Bucks from Milwaukee?
NO! WE WANT OUR SONICS BACK!

We will steal a team unless Adam Silver hurries up and gives Seattle it's justified expansion franchise.

BRING BACK OUR SONICS! GO SPURS! GO CLIPPERS!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:44 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
^^^Calm down...

Old 05-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

I don't think anyone really cares that much about the Blazers outside of Oregon.
Vancouver USA and Longview are Blazer territory, but they are in the Portland TV market which ends at the Toutle. Anyone north of that is a Sonics fan.

Sonics were in the top 30 in merchandise sales last year....

Old 05-05-2014, 05:45 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,662 times
Seriously worried about that guy.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
^^^Calm down...
Just being honest. Listen to Seattle sports radio, I am on the tame side. People up here HATE Oklahoma. We are angry. We still hate the Jailblazers. And the most popular NBA team in this city is whoever is playing Trailer Park. One radio guy said he'd root for the Nazi's against those lying thieves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball