Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Man, y'all gonna have to watch out for the T-Wolves. KG on this team seems to have sparked these guys. It seems small but to have a personality like KG teach and influence these guys behind the scenes will definitely pay off. KG coaching and mentoring Payne, Bennett, Wiggins, Lavine, and Rubio will really help them to reach their potential and be really good going forward. Lavine in particular....KG should have Lavine study tape and base his game of Vince Carter and D Wade first 10 yrs in the NBA.
Is that why they played Memphis so tough tonight at home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 11:49 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,979,172 times
It was just Phoenix, but Spurs looked like they played Spurs basketball for one of the few times this season. Held phoenix to a franchise low 24 point first half.

Let's hope they can take some momentum into the playoffs. Looking at the West from 1-8 this year, I don't think seeding will be quite AS important as it normally would be. Whoever ends up number one is going to probably get OKC in round one. It's all going to come down to who matches up best with who. Spurs getting Memphis or Portland in round one might be the best thing that could possibly happen to them. Gonna be an interesting end to the regular season.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:05 AM

10,648 posts, read 16,061,866 times
Anyone else hoping for Cleveland-Miami in the first round?

Old 03-01-2015, 05:25 AM

6,514 posts, read 7,567,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
It was just Phoenix, but Spurs looked like they played Spurs basketball for one of the few times this season. Held phoenix to a franchise low 24 point first half.

Let's hope they can take some momentum into the playoffs. Looking at the West from 1-8 this year, I don't think seeding will be quite AS important as it normally would be. Whoever ends up number one is going to probably get OKC in round one. It's all going to come down to who matches up best with who. Spurs getting Memphis or Portland in round one might be the best thing that could possibly happen to them. Gonna be an interesting end to the regular season.
I would like the Spurs to not lose more than 26 games this season, but with 30 something games left they are going to have to muster up 2 very long winning streaks.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Anyone else hoping for Cleveland-Miami in the first round?
Not so much now that Bosh won't be involved because the Cavs have no chance of being tested.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:06 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,005,189 times
The officiating during that Cavaliers-Rockets game was ridiculous. Very upset at how the referees called that game. Especially how they decided to keep time on the clock with .4 seconds left because apparently you can get a rebound come down with the ball and call a timeout with .2 seconds left.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
The officiating during that Cavaliers-Rockets game was ridiculous. Very upset at how the referees called that game. Especially how they decided to keep time on the clock with .4 seconds left because apparently you can get a rebound come down with the ball and call a timeout with .2 seconds left.
Looks like the refs did everything they could for the Cavs to win that game and didn't get their wish. And I am not sure why that foul was not called on Lebron late in the game when he was hooking Harden

Old 03-01-2015, 05:56 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,979,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I would like the Spurs to not lose more than 26 games this season, but with 30 something games left they are going to have to muster up 2 very long winning streaks.
That's gonna be a tall order. Now I'm sure they're wishing they had closed on some of those silly close losses they had back in November and December.

At this point I would be happy with less than 30 losses.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:11 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,559,144 times
Lebron's MVP run just took a huge hit missing FTs throughout the game and then two big ones at the end of the game. Harden , on the other hand, just bolstered his MVP run today.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,005,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Looks like the refs did everything they could for the Cavs to win that game and didn't get their wish. And I am not sure why that foul was not called on Lebron late in the game when he was hooking Harden
That was another missed call that upset me. That was ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball