Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,005,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Barring major injury, I can't see any other Conference Final mathches except Warriors-Grizzlies, and Hawks-Cavs. Cleveland has come on strong- winning 18 out of 22. That stretch has gained them 0 games on Atlanta. Just hope the Hawks stay healthy- a ten game lead with 23 to go- they will not be caught. I am concerned about Cleveland in the playoffs, however. The Bulls and Wizards are done, but Toronto has given us fits this year.
I'm not sold on the Warriors going far. They won't survive shooting outside shots. I honestly do think the Grizzles are going to the finals this year. The East is a crap shoot at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 07:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times
I have no reason to watch a Eastern Conference playoff series since we all know none of the matchups will be intriguing. Not only that there is no team to compete with the Cavs since Rose is out which is why I am watching the Western Conference Playoffs

Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Was hoping the Celtics could at least make the Cavs break a sweat but nuh-uh.

Watched some of the Rockets/Hawks tilt. Good win for the Hawks. Rockets fans will be lamenting one that got away.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Was hoping the Celtics could at least make the Cavs break a sweat but nuh-uh.

Watched some of the Rockets/Hawks tilt. Good win for the Hawks. Rockets fans will be lamenting one that got away.

Oh wow, I had that game on and the Rockets seemed to be in control all night. What happened?

Old 03-03-2015, 10:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,307,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I have no reason to watch a Eastern Conference playoff series since we all know none of the matchups will be intriguing. Not only that there is no team to compete with the Cavs since Rose is out which is why I am watching the Western Conference Playoffs
I still think the Hawks might have a chance, but even with the win against the Rockets I'm getting a little skeptical. They're starting to look an awful lot like the Warriors: talented teams that will be hurt by no post presence in the playoffs.

The Cavs don't have much of a post presence, but they at least have a couple 7-footers to rebound and protect the basket. More and more they look like the favorite to win the East.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I still think the Hawks might have a chance, but even with the win against the Rockets I'm getting a little skeptical. They're starting to look an awful lot like the Warriors: talented teams that will be hurt by no post presence in the playoffs.

The Cavs don't have much of a post presence, but they at least have a couple 7-footers to rebound and protect the basket. More and more they look like the favorite to win the East.
The cavs will be in the finals

Old 03-04-2015, 06:58 AM

78,609 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The cavs will be in the finals
I'm not convinced they are a lock to get past Chicago and right now I'd be happy to wager on Atlanta over anyone else in the east.

Cleveland isn't playing *that* well. They have some "pieces" issues and don't forget Lebron is their only real playoff experience as coach, kyrie and Love and Thomspon have never been.

Atlanta also has the size that tends to give cleveland problems.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:05 AM

939 posts, read 796,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I'm not sold on the Warriors going far. They won't survive shooting outside shots. I honestly do think the Grizzles are going to the finals this year. The East is a crap shoot at this point.
I would agree with you on Memphis- assuming they are healthy. I don't think any of the other western teams have what it takes in terms of mental toughness The Spurs do, but they MAY finally be past their prime. I believe Houston and the Clippers would wilt under pressure.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:05 AM

5,167 posts, read 3,666,911 times
I like what I am seeing from the Griz, and I think the Jeff Green deal was excellent for them, but my only problem with them is they have those moments where they cant score either. Yes, they grind teams to death, but sometimes, because they cant score, they get...ground (grinded? lol). I think Green will help stop this from happening to them, but we will see.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,104,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not convinced they are a lock to get past Chicago and right now I'd be happy to wager on Atlanta over anyone else in the east.

Cleveland isn't playing *that* well. They have some "pieces" issues and don't forget Lebron is their only real playoff experience as coach, kyrie and Love and Thomspon have never been.

Atlanta also has the size that tends to give cleveland problems.
They've been without Kyrie for some games, without Lebron for two, and without both for one. And without Marion for a whole slew of games.

Come playoff time, I don't see a healthy Cleveland team losing 4x to any Eastern foe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball