Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 10:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Cleveland trying to knock of the Spurs tonight.

Anyone remember last years finals? Miami kept letting the Spurs shooting 50-60% from the field most nights.

You will never ever ever beat someone in a seven game series if they shoot over 50% a night.

Cleveland might pull this one out but they've got to tighten up their defense if they're going to bring home the title in the next year or two.
The Spurs need to get rid of Benelli since he is the reason the spurs may lose this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 10:53 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,051 times
Yikes! That game brought back awful memories of game 6 in the 2013 Finals. With less than 5 secs left Kawhi had a chance to seal the win with 2 FTs; he missed both. Then they let Irving get the ball without fouling, he gets a clean look, hits a 3 and that's it.

Congrats Cavs! You took advantage of opportunities when you had them and deserve to win. As a Spurs fan I'm actually a little more encouraged about their playoff chances, but they still aren't favorites - not by a long shot.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:57 PM
FBJ

Worst Collapse I have seen in the NBA in a long time

How do the Spurs just stand there and watch Kyrie shoot three after three?

Plus am I the only one who thought the Game was over after Kyrie got the rebound with 2 secs left?

Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Yikes! That game brought back awful memories of game 6 in the 2013 Finals. With less than 5 secs left Kawhi had a chance to seal the win with 2 FTs; he missed both. Then they let Irving get the ball without fouling, he gets a clean look, hits a 3 and that's it.

Congrats Cavs! You took advantage of opportunities when you had them and deserve to win. As a Spurs fan I'm actually a little more encouraged about their playoff chances, but they still aren't favorites - not by a long shot.
I didn't even know it was a foul and thought the game was over after Kawhi grabbed the rebound.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
How do the Spurs just stand there and watch Kyrie shoot three after three?
I'm really curious what Pop's explanation will be. In game 6 they had a clear chance to foul Bosh before he made the pass to Ray Allen. Why didn't they foul? Pop's explanation: 'That's not how we play.'

While I think Pop is certainly among the best coaches over, sometimes he seems so committed to playing the 'right way' it costs them games. As soon as the ball was inbounded, the Spurs should have fouled Irving immediately, period. But then again, if Kawhi hits just one of two FTs it's not an issue at all. Again!

Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,541,183 times
^^^ I love Kawhi but I too always think of how his missed free throws cost us what maybe would have been the first of a back to back championship.

Its funny, as the Spurs were up by 6 tonight with 30 seconds left I said to myself, 'we've blown larger leads than this.'

Congrats Kyrie Irving on the career game, he's a good kid, how can we hate on the guy.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I'm really curious what Pop's explanation will be. In game 6 they had a clear chance to foul Bosh before he made the pass to Ray Allen. Why didn't they foul? Pop's explanation: 'That's not how we play.'

While I think Pop is certainly among the best coaches over, sometimes he seems so committed to playing the 'right way' it costs them games. As soon as the ball was inbounded, the Spurs should have fouled Irving immediately, period. But then again, if Kawhi hits just one of two FTs it's not an issue at all. Again!
I didn't even know the refs called a foul on kawhi. After he grabbed the rebound I was like....."game over"

Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Great last second win but you cannot rely on those flukes to save you from letting your opponent shoot 56% from the field.

Again, flashbacks of Spurs vs. Miami last night. (last years version that is. )

Old 03-13-2015, 07:39 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Cavs are definitely looking better than I thought they would at this point, and I didn't even realize they had picked up Kendrick Perkins.

However just note that it took 57 points and 7-7 3pt shooting by Irving to beat the Spurs. You're not going to get that from him more than once or twice per year. He was unconscious.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Cavs are definitely looking better than I thought they would at this point, and I didn't even realize they had picked up Kendrick Perkins.

However just note that it took 57 points and 7-7 3pt shooting by Irving to beat the Spurs. You're not going to get that from him more than once or twice per year. He was unconscious.
Cavs are playing well, but IMO not well enough to win a championship but this is just their first season together. Frankly, I think Atlanta is going to be the team in the finals from the east. Bulls are too banged up and Cleveland has offensive punch but their defense is just not there.

No shame in having a "foundation" year where you get your young guys and rookie coach some playoff experience and then get another year to get the team D rolling and they'll be even better.

Bulls need to start doing something like animal sacrifice to the gods of blue cross and blue shield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball