Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:43 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times

Advertisements

Well folks it's all set for next Thursday on ABC as the Cavs will face the Warriors for the 3rd straight year in the Finals. This will be the first time in NBA history that the same two teams met in the NBA Finals 3 straight seasons. I am not sure who will win this series but it will be interesting to see these two teams matchup next week because

1. Warriors have not lost a game at all during the postseason

2. Cavs have not lost two games in a row during the postseason

3. Cavs and Warriors are undefeated on the road during the postseason

It's now time to discuss the NBA Finals!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Thread will be a *sticky* for the next couple weeks.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:12 PM

29,516 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Just as I predicted, long before the playoffs started, Warriors vs. Cavs.

In 2015, the Warriors clearly benefited from Lebron missing two of his key players at full health, Kyrie and Kevin Love.

In 2016, the Cavaliers clearly benefited from a physically subpar Curry and Iguodala, and the Green suspension which cost the Warriors momentum.

In 2017, both teams are finally at full health. Curry is playing like the all star he was past two years. And of course they got Durant. Hopefully Iggy will be at full health though he is dealing with knee and back issues again. He is one of their best defenders against James.

When all is said and done though, the Dubs are clearly the team to beat, and beat the Cavaliers they surely will, in 6 games at most.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

In 2015, the Warriors clearly benefited from Lebron missing two of his key players at full health, Kyrie and Kevin Love.

In 2016, the Cavaliers clearly benefited from a physically subpar Curry and Iguodala, and the Green suspension which cost the Warriors momentum.

In 2017, both teams are finally at full health. Curry is playing like the all star he was past two years. And of course they got Durant. Hopefully Iggy will be at full health though he is dealing with knee and back issues again. He is one of their best defenders against James.

When all is said and done though, the Dubs are clearly the team to beat, and beat the Cavaliers they surely will, in 6 games at most.

I do know that no team with Lebron and Kyrie is getting swept in a playoff series. That's the only thing i would bet money on in Vegas right now. lol

Old 05-25-2017, 09:40 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Eh. Kyrie played one game in 2015. Love 0. They were at no health.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I do know that no team with Lebron and Kyrie is getting swept in a playoff series. That's the only thing i would bet money on in Vegas right now. lol
This here.

Too many over the top bold predictions on The dubs- based partly on beating a Spurs team that was missing its own version of Lebron.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
This here.

Too many over the top bold predictions on The dubs- based partly on beating a Spurs team that was missing its own version of Lebron.
I can't even see the warriors going to cleveland and winning both games with Lebron and Kyrie in the game.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I can't even see the warriors going to cleveland and winning both games with Lebron and Kyrie in the game.
I don't think any home court game is safe. Golden State is capable of having a night they can't miss and Lebron is capable of taking over.

I'm anxious to see a dialed in Cavs team- even tonight- they win by 32 and they played sloppy d in the middle and threw the ball around in parts. I think both teams will bring out the best in each other and quite honestly the Cavs don't have any respect for other teams aside from the Dubs

Old 05-26-2017, 01:21 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Cleveland are defending champs at full health and still the team to beat until the Warriors prove otherwise. Observers can make their wild predictions but the dual, bitter Warriors & A's fan in me has seen much too postseason pain to make confident predictions. I just hope there are no significant injuries to alter the outcome and no reason for armchair critics to diminish the champ's accomplishment when they win it all.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:06 AM

10,560 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
OK, but that hardly translates into a Cleveland win.

I don't see how they will overcome the addition of Durant, who in my mind is the toughest guy to stop in the league. And, very motivated to win it. Who will guard him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball