Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Still early in the season but some mind boggling stats so far.

Luka Doncic continues to amaze with his all around play. Harden continues his scorching point production with no signs of slowing down. And LBJ has an astounding 11.2 assists per game to lead the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
John Stockton averaged 10.5 assists per game for his 19-year career (1504 games!), and his highest was 14.5!
So of course LeBron should average at least 11.2 if he's really the best passer in the NBA....

Old 11-19-2019, 12:08 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,434 times
Admittedly, the Lakers have feasted on average to below average teams, plenty of home games, and catching teams on the back end of back-to-backs...case in point the Hawks on Sunday and the Thunder tonight. After tonight's home game, it'll start getting a lot tougher with road games and back-to-backs I believe. It's still early in the season, so I'll arbitrarily pick 20 games as the barometer for getting excited about them.

They're 11-2 right now. If after 20 games (with the next handful being road games), they're 16-4...then well I'll have "seen enough" to say that this is a championship caliber team (top 4 in the NBA) when fully healthy which is always a wild card. I think we can all agree that there is no clear cut, unstoppable team out there this year but there are a handful of elites.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:27 PM

If the Lakers and Clippers are the standout teams, it really isn't worth them wasting your energy on the regular season, as neither of them need the home court advantage (especially when they actually meet in a series).
LeBron's fractured ego may make him waste himself on the regular season....

Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Blazers continue to underperform. Doubt Melo will help.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 11-19-2019 at 09:00 PM..

Old 11-20-2019, 04:47 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
If the Lakers and Clippers are the standout teams, it really isn't worth them wasting your energy on the regular season, as neither of them need the home court advantage (especially when they actually meet in a series).
LeBron's fractured ego may make him waste himself on the regular season....
The Clips are in the middle of the pack right now. Seems that Kawhi can't stay healthy and we all know Paul George can't carry a team. At least that's his history. At this point, it's Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Bucks. There's my 4. For right now.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Blazers continue to underperform. Doubt Melo will help.
Agreed. Blazers suppose to feast on the Pelicans. Anyway, I think long term, Melo is going to win you a few games and he's there to get the young players up to snuff. Anfernee Simons, Nasir Little, etc. look up to Carmelo and he'll command respect from them. Whether that translate to wins is anybody's guess.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
The Clips are in the middle of the pack right now. Seems that Kawhi can't stay healthy and we all know Paul George can't carry a team. At least that's his history. At this point, it's Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Bucks. There's my 4. For right now.
I seriously doubt Kawhi will miss a playoff game.
That's the whole purpose of being a part-time regular season player.
Plus as we saw last season, Kawhi was injured and still played the playoffs, and dominated.
I seriously doubt anyone will beat the Clippers in the playoffs, Kawhi is simply too clutch, and surrounded by one of the deepest rosters in NBA history.
And I'm not even a fan of Kawhi, in fact I'm a Sixers fan.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I seriously doubt Kawhi will miss a playoff game.
That's the whole purpose of being a part-time regular season player.
Plus as we saw last season, Kawhi was injured and still played the playoffs, and dominated.
I seriously doubt anyone will beat the Clippers in the playoffs, Kawhi is simply too clutch, and surrounded by one of the deepest rosters in NBA history.
And I'm not even a fan of Kawhi, in fact I'm a Sixers fan.
LOL! So you must be celebrating that win over my Knicks. Anyway, Kawhi, did come back last night and did his thing. We'll see. He is clutch but can he stay healthy. I am a fan of Kawhi, Lebron, etc. Can't deny good players even though they didn't come to the Knicks.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:39 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXoiOZgVNOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq08OOJ6fao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball