Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 07:13 AM

1,113 posts, read 452,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I get the rebounding. But Looney is capable of getting 15-20 rebounds when he has to. Green is a good rebounder so they make up some of the shortcomings of other players. Of course Steph will start. He is still a top 10 player in the NBA. But if Steph sits due to rest or injury CP3 will likely start for him. They really don't have much of an option. Like I said their back court bench is very weak after CP3.

They have until January or so to experiment with CP3. If its a disaster I am sure there are teams that will take him with his expiring contract. Off the top of my head someone like Clarkston in Utah. Great scorer. If Utah has a poor start they might just scrap the talent they have for picks and cap space. But Clarkston would be a great backup for Curry.
I guess against some teams where they have a 6'3 and under sg, they could start cp3 with steph. I can imagine steph playing sg against cj McCollum, Donovan mitchell, clarkson, etc. This at least makes cp3 happy.

He thought it was a joke that the media person asked about the starting situation, saying "you coaching"? Those are very powerful words, he could have said "we will see what happens", or "ill do whatever it takes to win", or "ill take a backseat since im this age". Deep inside im sure he wants max minutes to get his assists to pass jason kidd. Stockton is unreachable unless he plays till hes 47.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2023, 07:40 AM

30,189 posts, read 11,827,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
I guess against some teams where they have a 6'3 and under sg, they could start cp3 with steph. I can imagine steph playing sg against cj McCollum, Donovan mitchell, clarkson, etc. This at least makes cp3 happy.

He thought it was a joke that the media person asked about the starting situation, saying "you coaching"? Those are very powerful words, he could have said "we will see what happens", or "ill do whatever it takes to win", or "ill take a backseat since im this age". Deep inside im sure he wants max minutes to get his assists to pass jason kidd. Stockton is unreachable unless he plays till hes 47.
I think he is too old and bitter to try to pretend he is happy with the trade. I really think he is gone by January unless this group is near the top of the standings. And the west is so stacked I don't see that happening.

CP3 was probably happy in Phoenix and with a legit shot at winning a title with KD there. Then he gets shipped of to his rival who snatched a finals appearance and possible title from his hands when he was in Houston. Probably one of the last places he wanted to go and add to it becoming a bench player to the guys ruined his title hopes. Even before that with the Clippers he was on a rising young team and GS passed them by. Before all that he was traded to the Lakers of course and could have won a title there if not for the trade being revoked. He has had bad luck and bad situations.. If he comes in with a bad attitude Draymond will punch him in the face and he will be shipped off. Just kidding.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:17 AM

6,435 posts, read 4,929,795 times
I think he will be so happy to have a chance to get that elusive ring that he will do whatever is asked. Not having to play heavy minutes will keep him fresh and hopefully injury free for the playoffs. Look what GSW did with Otto Porter Jr.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I think he will be so happy to have a chance to get that elusive ring that he will do whatever is asked. Not having to play heavy minutes will keep him fresh and hopefully injury free for the playoffs. Look what GSW did with Otto Porter Jr.
With a aging steph, klay, draymond, i dont think their chances are that great to win it all. I predict after 3 weeks into the season, there will be issues and news will come out, unless cp3 becomes carmelo and takes his role and accept that he has declined. Their issues with cp3 will be much bigger than pooles in the locker room.

Old 08-18-2023, 12:38 PM

7,031 posts, read 11,329,049 times
Quote:
With a aging steph, klay, draymond, i dont think their chances are that great to win it all. I predict after 3 weeks into the season, there will be issues and news will come out, unless cp3 becomes carmelo and takes his role and accept that he has declined. Their issues with cp3 will be much bigger than pooles in the locker room.
How nice will Dray-Dray be to his teammate?

I've always opined that Paul's instance on being the toughest guy out there, despite being 6'0'', gets him in trouble with his teammates and has hurt his own durability. So who knows, maybe they get along.

Old 08-18-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
How nice will Dray-Dray be to his teammate?

I've always opined that Paul's instance on being the toughest guy out there, despite being 6'0'', gets him in trouble with his teammates and has hurt his own durability. So who knows, maybe they get along.
CP3 is pretty alpha... Draymond is the one who speaks whatever comes to his mind and will get loud and in your face. Both are the top guy in a locker room.

Draymond will back steph the whole way.

Old 09-20-2023, 11:03 PM

Looks like this situation is heating up pretty fast.

I give it 2 months max into the season before some trade is demanded or locker room issue comes up, unless cp3 takes a major back seat.

Old 09-22-2023, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Looks like this situation is heating up pretty fast.

I give it 2 months max into the season before some trade is demanded or locker room issue comes up, unless cp3 takes a major back seat.
What have you heard? All I have heard is Dwight Howard might join the team and CP3 will start. Adding Howard, that is one old team. Like when the Lakers added Carmelo and Ariza.

'Surprise' over Chris Paul's expected role - Mark Medina

However, according to ESPN’s Marc J. Spears it is predicted that CP3 will now start for the Warriors, although the 38-year-old’s playing time would be limited to “five-minute spurts”.

With the early indications now pointing more towards Chris Paul being named as a starter, this has brought about other questions, specifically pertaining to whose place he will be taking in the line-up.

Warriors Vets Want Dwight Howard; Draymond Green, Chris Paul To Work Out With Center

Old 09-22-2023, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What have you heard? All I have heard is Dwight Howard might join the team and CP3 will start. Adding Howard, that is one old team. Like when the Lakers added Carmelo and Ariza.

'Surprise' over Chris Paul's expected role - Mark Medina

However, according to ESPN’s Marc J. Spears it is predicted that CP3 will now start for the Warriors, although the 38-year-old’s playing time would be limited to “five-minute spurts”.

With the early indications now pointing more towards Chris Paul being named as a starter, this has brought about other questions, specifically pertaining to whose place he will be taking in the line-up.

Warriors Vets Want Dwight Howard; Draymond Green, Chris Paul To Work Out With Center
Ok. So cp3 starts, and play 5 minute spurts. Will he be able to control himself on the bench when its 3 minutes left in the game? Draymond will back up steph all day.

Old 09-22-2023, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Ok. So cp3 starts, and play 5 minute spurts. Will he be able to control himself on the bench when its 3 minutes left in the game? Draymond will back up steph all day.
Its going to come down to how successful they are. If they are near the top of the west and CP3 is a big part of why that is the case they might get along just fine. I don't see this playing out. But I did not think they would win a title a couple of years ago either. They have only lost one playoff series in over 10 years that was not in the finals. Pretty incredible run. So I can't totally count them out.

However the team is riding on aging stars that already have a history for getting hurt and missing games. And they are not getting any younger. Its unlikely that they make it through the season with few injury issues. With all the talent in the west they may have trouble being in the top 6 and avoid the play-in. They might get off to a slow start. Lots of ways things can go wrong. With Draymond and CP3 I don't see them handling adversity well. If that is the case CP3 will get shipped out before the trade deadline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball