Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 08:40 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Klay went 0-6 in OT.

Video of his last 6 shots. https://streamable.com/48yuab
Most of those shots were short. He is aging quickly. Its a real dilemma for the Warriors. Maybe you start him but play Kuminga or whoever in crunch time. If they are lucky at the end of the year he will decide to retire. Then they have to deal with his contract at the end of the year.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 11-19-2023 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2023, 11:30 AM

1,089 posts, read 443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I was surprised Curry came back last night. I watched much of the game. I noticed Klay passed up a lot of open shots he used to take. He is down to 14 a game and only shooting 40% from the field. My guess is CP3 gets traded by the trade deadline. If it was me I would start Kuminga and bring Green or Thompson off the bench. But the Warriors appear to keep their big 3 together as long as possible even though Curry is the only one of those three worth keeping at this point. I guess that is more important to them than winning. And perhaps move Wiggins too. He had one great season for them got the contract extension and back to his old ways. I know they had to move Poole. However the team was much better last year with Poole than they are now with CP3.
CP3 will have an expiring contract by this years trade deadline, his next years massive money is team option, so it doeant matter. If warriors trade him it will mean getting back a bad contract with years left in it. It only makes sense to just keep him if they have no shot of the ring.

Klay is making 42 million this year, last year of contract and wants to get massively paid for the past in the next contract. His trade value is similar to cp3, just cheaper to keep him.

Draymond is on a bad contract when he gets to the back end of the contract. He is no longer a all star undersized pf that changes outcomes of games.

And for wiggins, yes that happens alot, just work hard, chase excellence, get that garunteed big money and chill. Ben simmions is doing that now.

Kuminga is untouchable at this point, still nobody knows if he will take the next step, but he just turned 21 last month. Still has potential to be very good, or just become a starter for the rest of his career.

Old 11-19-2023, 11:53 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
CP3 will have an expiring contract by this years trade deadline, his next years massive money is team option, so it doeant matter. If warriors trade him it will mean getting back a bad contract with years left in it. It only makes sense to just keep him if they have no shot of the ring.
They could get a guy like DeRosan. Who is in his last year. Makes about what CP3 is. Add something to the mix like Moody. And say get back Caruso. I know it looks like they have zero chance at a ring but I don't think management or the players feel that way. It depends if they are 15 under .500 at the trade deadline you might as well tank for a lottery pick. But if they are in the top 6 they will probably make some moves.
Quote:
Klay is making 42 million this year, last year of contract and wants to get massively paid for the past in the next contract. His trade value is similar to cp3, just cheaper to keep him.

Draymond is on a bad contract when he gets to the back end of the contract. He is no longer a all star undersized pf that changes outcomes of games.
They are probably going to pay Klay because of what he did for the franchise. Does he want to stick around a couple more seasons averaging 8 or 9 a game off the bench? Always a chance he gets hurt again and then a year of rehab for what? Draymond does change the outcome of games. The 5 game suspension does effect the Warriors but in good ways any longer. And it seems these outbursts are getting more frequent.

Quote:
And for wiggins, yes that happens alot, just work hard, chase excellence, get that garunteed big money and chill. Ben simmions is doing that now.

Kuminga is untouchable at this point, still nobody knows if he will take the next step, but he just turned 21 last month. Still has potential to be very good, or just become a starter for the rest of his career.
I could see Wiggins get traded. Might as well get draft picks for him. He was an all star starter and won a title and got the big contract, why push yourself for no reason? I think that is how he thinks. Kuminga. I think if he was elsewhere and playing starter minutes he could score in the mid 20's. They should keep him for the eventual rebuild in a couple years.

Old 11-19-2023, 02:54 PM

1,089 posts, read 443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

They are probably going to pay Klay because of what he did for the franchise. Does he want to stick around a couple more seasons averaging 8 or 9 a game off the bench? Always a chance he gets hurt again and then a year of rehab for what? Draymond does change the outcome of games. The 5 game suspension does effect the Warriors but in good ways any longer. And it seems these outbursts are getting more frequent.
Draymond is nowhere near his prime, and he will only slow down, he has 3 more years after this year on his contract. Klay probably has his points, he did gave up stats to stay in Golden state, and without him they would not have won all those championships. Kd would bot have came over afger draymond recurited him if klay wasnt there. Big 3's have a good shot of a ring, big 4 is a garuntee only if no one gets hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball